diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

ghostwriter66

"Here - Hold my Beer"
EE from LAX CA -work in SouthTX for giant evil Oil
So my boss this morning stopped by the DONCAN warehouse (Doncan Technology (Shenzhen) Co) in Houston TEXAS to pick up (64) EVE-280Ah batteries that we had ordered literally 48 hours earlier.

From beginning to end this has been a 10 out of 10 process.

First it started with Jenny Wu of Doncan Technology (Shenzhen) Co in China ... https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...9614.html?spm=a2747.manage.0.0.218271d28dDayX ... her English is better than mine and she completely understood our requirements and how we very concerned about paying for GRADE A's and getting GRADE B's 75 days later.

SOOOO the solution they have is that they have a location in Houston with stock available. There stock changes daily of course BUT Jenny can tell you exactly what they have at the time of order.

THEY DO NOT HAVE A LOCATION IN CA AS I HAD EARLIER THOUGHT THEY WOULD. ONLY HOUSTON

You can literally order the equipment from Jenny in China, send her the funds, and go and pick them up the next day. Or it seems that way to me - as long as they have the stocks.

She also has the capability of telling you exactly what they have in their US Warehouses and when different shipments will be arriving.

AND also - they can SHIP from an American warehouse directly to you so cutting your 75 days down to just a handful. You will have to pay shipping from probably CA but - and I am just guessing - but since they are shipping them from CA to Houston anyway - perhaps them shipping from CA to you (instead of houston) may not cost much more - you would have to talk to Jenny about that.

Prices are fluid I am sure due to the economy falling apart - but I think that we paid $125 per 280Ah battery plus I sure some Credit Card fee (my boss took care of all of that so not sure) ... BUT YES not the cheapest when all said and done - BUT we were able to check the batteries out right then and there - touch them - hug them - sniff them (no Biden pun intended, well maybe a little) ...

take a look at the pictures below ... we were extremely happy with what we got.

Boss said at Houston he worked with an absolutely great girl by the name of Jenny Wade who is in charge there. Everything was ready - she allowed him to randomly open various boxes (2 batteries per box - 32 boxes total) so he could look at them.

He called me and told me that these were the best packed boxes he had ever seen - and they even had the little EVE caps on the + and - ...

Not much else to say - I think Jenny is on this board as @Jenny Wu but I have not looked for her.

As a side note they actually also sell GRADE-B batteries but they are only like 10-15 dollars cheaper so why even bother ....

But they carry LISCHEN, CATL and EVE ... and all various sizes ... to be honest I think that right now they only have 280Ah and 304's in stock -- and maybe 200's since that seems to be the biggest market but AGAIN - you will need to reach out to Jenny

For the record - we have ZERO to do with this company. I nor anyone here gets any type of discount or freebie or anything and the moment something goes amiss I will drop them like a rock and let you know -- but from the packaging, the batteries appearance, the the great customer service, etc -i think that they will be my go to people for a while ...

ANYWAY - when you talk / email / chat with Jenny let her know that you saw her info on this forum @Jenny Wu and it may help - or at least she will know that there are about 10,000 forum members standing behind you so pretty sure they will not try to put anything over on you ... LOL

I am testing 2 of the batteries right now so will let you know in 24 hours how they stood up to the capacity tests ...

de.jpg

df.jpg

dg.jpgdh.jpg

Last edited:
Waiting to here results. And see prices.

Consider this my positive review of the same vendor.

I ordered 20 CATL 302ah cells about a week and a half ago and they sent them with UPS and got me the tracking numbers within 24 hours. They arrived a few days later in great shape, very well packed in a manner more or less identical to that shown by GhostWriter.
2 cells per box, nice foam enclosure. I feel like you could kick one of these boxes down the stairs and it would probably turn out OK.

Cells look new and pristine and test all at 3.27-3.28v. I've yet to capacity test. All 20 cells are nice and flat with no bloating and shiny QR codes on the metal on top of the cell. These ones are welded studs. M6.

Price wise, I payed 142$ per cell, including shipping. (2840$ for 20 cells)
She had 280ah cells, EVE and CATL, available for less, and I believe some 310s as well. For my application, the CATL 302 was basically the same cost per kWh as the 280s.

She told me their current EVE 280s were the LF280 but that they would have LF280K in stock with their next shipment.

She offered that I could pick up cells from the warehouse and save the 20$ per cell shipping cost, which would have priced them right about 122$ per cell. But I'm in Georgia, so I had them shipped.
I've been getting recent quotes for similar cells delivered from China at around 125-130$ per cell including delivery. So for this mild cost difference, I felt it was a good value to receive them quickly from a US stocked warehouse.

I payed via PayPal through Alibaba, although other posters have reported setting up deals with them through Facebook and avoiding the Alibaba fees. I feel that Alibaba protection is useless or superfluous compared to PayPal or my credit card company, but I leave that judgement call to you guys.

Overall I rate this seller 10/10 so far, and I will be back again.

Where is the California warehouse located? Can you will-call there as well as Houston?

Where is the California warehouse located? Can you will-call there as well as Houston?

you might want to drop @Jenny Wu a note since she works for the company OR go to their website and ask her that way about CA location ... as for the WILL-CALL .. YES for Houston definitely ... we told her how many we needed nd of what type - she confirmed that Houston had them - we paid - then went to pick up ... very straightforward process

Consider this my positive review of the same vendor.

I ordered 20 CATL 302ah cells about a week and a half ago and they sent them with UPS and got me the tracking numbers within 24 hours. They arrived a few days later in great shape, very well packed in a manner more or less identical to that shown by GhostWriter.
2 cells per box, nice foam enclosure. I feel like you could kick one of these boxes down the stairs and it would probably turn out OK.

Cells look new and pristine and test all at 3.27-3.28v. I've yet to capacity test. All 20 cells are nice and flat with no bloating and shiny QR codes on the metal on top of the cell. These ones are welded studs. M6.

Price wise, I payed 142$ per cell, including shipping. (2840$ for 20 cells)
She had 280ah cells, EVE and CATL, available for less, and I believe some 310s as well. For my application, the CATL 302 was basically the same cost per kWh as the 280s.

She told me their current EVE 280s were the LF280 but that they would have LF280K in stock with their next shipment.

She offered that I could pick up cells from the warehouse and save the 20$ per cell shipping cost, which would have priced them right about 122$ per cell. But I'm in Georgia, so I had them shipped.
I've been getting recent quotes for similar cells delivered from China at around 125-130$ per cell including delivery. So for this mild cost difference, I felt it was a good value to receive them quickly from a US stocked warehouse.

I payed via PayPal through Alibaba, although other posters have reported setting up deals with them through Facebook and avoiding the Alibaba fees. I feel that Alibaba protection is useless or superfluous compared to PayPal or my credit card company, but I leave that judgement call to you guys.

Overall I rate this seller 10/10 so far, and I will be back again.

Yeah we're going to see if maybe next time we just wire the money directly and that should cut out allot of the Alibaba and transaction fees ...

Longtime listener first time caller here.
I stumbled across their website (powerwholesale) about a month ago prior to the review by Sback. I didnt see anything in the forums about them so decided to contact for a quote. Amy Zheng responded within 24 hours via email.

Amy Zheng has been extremely up front about prices and fees (paypal) as well as what exactly is in stock at the TX warehouse as I had originally asked for quotes on some cells (EVE LF230 and CALB100) that are not "in stock" but should be in TX soon. The fact that this company is actively stocking a variety of cells is intriguing.

I have so far been impressed as this is not the first website vendor I have been in contact with over the past couple of months.

This is not review on their product but that of well executed service and communication.

I am also eagerly awaiting your test results.

I just got a quote, exactly the same price as shipping from Amy on alibaba in China, but they cannot guarantee you will receive the new LF280K version which is upgraded to 6000 cycles.

I decided to ship from China as i really want this new version with double the life. She infact suggested the same solution if I wanted the new version.

Last edited:
That price is about the same as doing a group buy 2 years ago. And it's the latest 6000 cycle cells. Chat with the rep on Alibaba, she is very responsive.

I just got a quote, exactly the same price as shipping from Amy on alibaba in China, but they cannot guarantee you will receive the new LF280K version which is upgraded to 6000 cycles.

I decided to ship from China as i really want this new version with double the life. She infact suggested the same solution if I wanted the new version.
Not sure where you get the "double the life" from. From everything I read they are somewhat better - maybe - its hard to say since not allot of info about them ...

Back