diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

I wanted to thank @Jenny Wu for some great help with an order issue...

An order I placed on Thursday night shipped from the TX warehouse on Friday, but to the wrong address. I didn't notice until Saturday when I checked the tracking numbers for the first time.

Jenny worked with the TX warehouse over the weekend and on Monday but they were unable to redirect the boxes without recalling them to the TX warehouse first and then shipping them again to the correct address.

So I wouldn't have to wait six extra days for that process to play out, Jenny had the TX warehouse ship a replacement order on Monday. When the original boxes get back to the TX warehouse, they'll restock those cells.

Just wanted to thank Jenny again for the frequent updates over the weekend and cross-shipping the replacement order while the original order makes its way back to the TX warehouse.

My Monday order (four EVE 280s) was also delivered on Thursday. Everything was like the pics in the first post... boxes were sturdy, the cells had dense foam around them, and there was hardware in each box. Thanks again @Jenny Wu!!!

All four cells were 3.293 with all QR codes intact and easy to read.

8536D089-20C0-42A7-A790-7A4BE22DF4F0.jpeg01BD16BB-4226-4B36-ABEF-5712152472B3.jpegC2F51E5C-DBAA-4135-824E-7465EC2F38C7.jpeg6FC918CF-BD64-41F8-9D87-58F292DBEE80.jpeg6957EDE2-098B-4960-AA38-DD957407461B.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered eight cells on Tuesday and they arrived in Ohio early Friday afternoon. I asked for UPS shipping. They were packed extremely well and arrived with nary a scratch. I'm top-balancing them now. I wish I had heard about this place earlier :)

I ordered eight cells on Tuesday and they arrived in Ohio early Friday afternoon. I asked for UPS shipping. They were packed extremely well and arrived with nary a scratch. I'm top-balancing them now. I wish I had heard about this place earlier :)
Friday... Like yesterday. Nice. Which cells?

Hi!

This is my first post, and I've only been following this crowd for a few months. But I do want to share my (positive) experience with Docan Technologies.

I live in Texas, and as you may have heard our electric grid is made by cowboys of barbed wire. So it goes down a bit :)
The January freeze was a shock, and another recent 3-hour outage in my area made me get serious about researching what I can do to ensure some semblance of backup.

First I bought a Bebene "Generator", which works fine and would run my CPAP for about a week.
Then after a lot of thought I bought a 100Ah SOK. It got here, I bought a variable PS and load tester, I charged it, and got 105Ah on the load tester.

Next was deciding on my system architecture. For various reasons, I chose to go with a 24v inverter.
It was about then that I checked this forum, and saw this post by ghostwriter66. I was very excited to see that the warehouse was in Houston, where I live.

So I reached out to Jenny Wu, and asked for a quote on 8 280Ah batteries. She responded VERY quickly, and I had the PI in a few hours.
The price was certainly good, but I felt like I should use my SOK. Further research and I realized the cost difference between a 24v and 48v inverter was minimal, so I decided to go with 48v instead. To help make the decision I asked Jenny if they had any 100Ah cells (to match the SOK), and she replied that they would have some CALB 100Ah cells in the Houston warehouse in about a week. The price was great, so I got a PI on 12 of them. A little more research and I saw a flaw in my design, as I'd have to buy a 12v BMS, a 24v BMS, and some kind of balancer for the three components. So I decided that since I wanted to get Overkill Solar BMS, it would be cheaper to buy a total of 16 cells, then I just need one 48v 16s BMS.

So again I reached out to Jenny, and purchased an additional 4 cells.

The next day I got an email from Jenny providing the contact info for Jade, the staff at the warehouse. It was late, so the day after that I called Jade, and found out that the cells had come in, and were ready to be picked up.
I put off picking them up for 2 days, so I could take Friday afternoon off and go out there (it's far enough away from work, and there's an excellent Thai restaurant about a mile from the warehouse.)
So Friday afternoon I left work early, went to lunch with my best friend, then went by the warehouse.

It is a tiny nondescript location, thankfully Joe BoyKey posted a pic of the location in the Good Review on Supplier thread, which matched what I saw in Google maps. When we showed up the place was completely full of boxes, but right next to the door on a table were my 3 boxes. Jade was super friendly and helpful, and I was out within 5 minutes.

Getting the cells home I found the same meticulous care in packing that others have reported. The cells have the welded studs, and they came with curved insulated bussbars and nuts.
CALB100_01.png
CALB100_02.png
the label and Positive sign are my own :)

My phone couldn't read the barcode, here it is:
CALB100_03.png

These were their voltages when pulled from the boxes
SerialVinitial
LFP0013.218
LFP0023.221
LFP0033.222
LFP0043.218
LFP0053.220
LFP0063.221
LFP0073.221
LFP0083.219
LFP0093.220
LFP0103.220
LFP0113.220
LFP0123.220
LFP0133.219
LFP0143.218
LFP0153.221
LFP0163.220
I assume that's close enough.

I did notice that a few of the cells have issues with the insulation
CALB100_04.png
So I'll probably be using some kind of foam to slightly separate them in their final enclosure.

I charged one of them to at least 3.6v on my PS, then ran a capacity test at 15amps
CALB100_05.png
Obviously I'm happy with that.

I'm attaching the data sheet. Interesting to note they don't mention compression.

For now I'm using the SOK BMS to charge them all to it's cutoff, then I'm going to top balance to as close to 3.65 as is reasonable. Then decide on an inverter...

So between my first communication with Jenny to the cells being ready to pick up was about 8 days, and most of that was me changing my mind.

I am very excited to read that Amy in the other thread is exploring them supplying BMS, and it looks like enough people are recommending JBD that they might be those.

Needless to say my experience has been as positive as it could be. Jenny and Jade are both great, and although I'm not likely to need batteries any time soon, it is great to see a local option. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience, it helped me make up my mind, and of course to ghostwriter66 for being an awesome resource to the community!

Attachments

• CALB100Ah 3.2V.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Well this is convenient, since I'm just southeast of Houston (Clear Lake area). Glad I read this thread. Thanks.

will the 304 fit in the standard 24-31 battery box? based on the dimensions posted at ali yes, appears to have enough room for even the bms?

Is it possible to get a stock update as to what is available from the Houston location?
Will be ordering in the next couple of months and would like the option to order from Amy Zheng and company.

Kid

Another extremely satisfied purchaser here. I emailed Jenny seven days ago for information about ordering batteries. I received an immediate reply from her so I ordered 16 cells the next day to be shipped to Wyoming. The day after that, the cells were on the way and Jenny sent the UPS tracking information. The delivery was held up because of a bad snowstorm but most of the shipment arrived last night. The remaining box is expected today. Jenny made the entire process easy and her immediate email responses were amazing. Thanks, Jenny!!

And a big Thank You to ghostwriter 66 for your continuous great information and for introducing the forum to Jenny Wu.

Mine have been packaged/boxed and moved on to the forwarder. I got an message today that they are slated to hit the Hi Seas Oct 20, and I now have the FedEx tracking number for when they arrive state side and the number goes active. So far so good. I really hope this China order turns out as good as my TX order did. Thx again @Amy Zheng

Katies batteries 1.pngKaties batteries 2.png

Back