diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

I picked up 4 CATL 302ah cells from this location on Saturday and they tested 309,309,312 and 314. All pristine. IR was .21,.20,.21,.19 weight was 11.6lbs, 11.75lbs, 11.75lbs and 11.7lbs
Tests were done at 40 amps btw
Do you have the address where you pick up the batteries? Thanks.

This is what I found: DOCAN shipped from address, 12664 Goar Road, is the same as Lithicore. DOCAN rents the warehouse space from Lithicore so that is why the shipment goes out from the same address.
https://diysolarforum.com/members/amy-zheng.36117/

It does not look like Lithicore sells the type of batteries DOCAN sells.

$2469 / 16 = $154.31 per cell. the vendor in this thread.

A different vendor I ordered from >>> I ordered 32 cells for $4243.0 delivered of the 280k 6000 cycle cells which is $132.59 per cell delivered from Ryan Zeng from China thru Alibaba. this is my second order from Ryan Zeng.

the price was a lot less in 2020 as 32 Lishen 272Ah cells in the year 2020 was only $3063 (10/7/2021 order received on 12/4/2020).

on 11/18/2020 the total cost was $2903 for 32 Lishen 272Ah cells.

on 9/8/2021 the cost was $4243 for 32 Eve LF280K cells including busbars and studs, shipping etc.... these will have welded on terminals.

a different vendor but approximately 22 dollars per cell less if you can wait for the long boat ride (shipping time from China through Alibaba).
I am still waiting on the 32 Eve LF280K cells; I ordered on 9/8/2021 for FedEx to deliver them they get held up at the ports with unloading backlog etc. 22 x32 = $704 savings for a little wait. in the meantime I am setting up more solar panel arrays and ordering other pieces and parts for the build.

I will let you know more when I receive the 3rd set of 32 cells. They should be here in a week or so hopefully. ?

I currently have 3 battery banks up and running without issues>>> 2 are 2P8S using 16 Lishen 272Ah cells, and the 3rd battery bank is a 4P8S battery build using 32 272Ah Lishen cells. ?? All are my DIY builds being charged daily with used 250watt 60 cell solar PV panels.

waiting patiently as I add more components to the off-grid solar power shed.

$2469 / 16 = $154.31 per cell. the vendor in this thread.

A different vendor I ordered from >>> I ordered 32 cells for $4243.0 delivered of the 280k 6000 cycle cells which is $132.59 per cell delivered from Ryan Zeng from China thru Alibaba. this is my second order from Ryan Zeng.
FYI... the same cells were only $2100 shipped out of China. I wanted to skip the 3 month wait. I am in 2+ months already on a different 16 cell purchase from a different vendor.

I paid 8,000$ including credit card and alibaba fees for 64 LF280K cells delivered from China. It is my second purchase with Jenny Wu and I would not trust anyone else with my purchases going forward. I trust her. Not all salespeople are created equal even within the same company. If you decide to go this route, contact Jenny and let her walk you through it. Otherwise you take your chances with the salesperson luck of the draw. As always, more will be revealed.
That's a good price

I paid 8,000$ including credit card and alibaba fees for 64 LF280K cells delivered from China. It is my second purchase with Jenny Wu and I would not trust anyone else with my purchases going forward. I trust her. Not all salespeople are created equal even within the same company. If you decide to go this route, contact Jenny and let her walk you through it. Otherwise you take your chances with the salesperson luck of the draw. As always, more will be revealed.
that seems like a good buy in today's market($8000 total for 64 cells).

how long ago was that and did you receive the cells from china.? what I was making a note of is the increasing prices from 1 year ago. I have used this vendor Ryan Zeng before and had excellent service. so I utilized him again.

How long did it take to get your order from china direct?

Mine have taken 8-9 weeks to be delivered into South Dakota. but like I was saying one has to be willing to wait 2 plus months so one has to plan.

It is interesting to note that I have been solicited twice now by jenny wu without asking since my post so I guess that is called spamming or an annoying salesperson. kind of like the old door-to-door salespeople where you had to not answer the door! except internet lurkers trying to send you spam.

the idea of building your own LiFePO4 battery is to save money and end up with a good long-lasting quality product. so a reputable vendor is always helpful.

when buying via Alibaba, there is a guarantee that you will receive your order so I have never had any problems that way or getting the used second-hand cells as Will Prowse did on his order he reviewed on YouTube. each vendor has a rating and experience time etc on Alibaba; but that does not mean you will not get a dud. if you pay by credit card then your credit card company can also withhold the funds if there is a problem.

I have ordered 32 cells 2 times of the Lishen 272Ah cells, and now this is a 32 cell order of the EVE LF280K cells. each time I have received new cells with buss bars and bolts or studs. In my latest order, I chose to get the welded-on terminals as the welded-on studs were going to be a few more days delay before shipping. the delays at the ports are on-going but will get better again one day --- I hope!

have a great Sunday and don't kill me over this post.
I am a do-it-yourself person and not selling to people or soliciting for any other firm.>>>> just trying to help other DIY people.

I am setting up 80 used 250-watt 60-cell solar panels in 6-panel arrays at present and tending the family and livestock (new baby lambs and chickens and cats at present).

GhostWriter is the reason I started looking at the 272Ah and 280Ah cells. vs the used cell packs.

good luck in your solar ventures!

That's a lot of panels o_O Pics?
I currently have 5 array structures built holding 30 panels, 6 250-watt 60 cell panels per array structure. so I need about 13 total or so( 8 more to build). I can send updated pictures later as I go, but have a lot to do with the cold weather and South Dakota wind slowing me down some also. I did find out that I had to add some more reinforcing yesterday on the latest incomplete array structure I was working on. the wind stopped me or at least made the task less enjoyable to work on. I am retired from the daily grind but tend livestock so I do it all at my pace now. The fierce winds had moved it (the latest in-process array structure build) so I readjusted with ratchet straps yesterday and then added some more of the reinforcements and mounted 1 more panel as the wind had died down. slow but sure when you work by yourself.
About 25 years ago in South Dakota, we had an ice storm that took the power lines out for about 3 days in the middle of the winter. this is why this system is going to be big enough to heat the house etc with off-grid electricity. At that time, of course, the propane furnace would not work without electricity or essentially all of the things we used in the country. Now I have a propane backup heater without a requirement for electrical input to function, and other things to make the frigid winter more tolerable. (((have to feed the bottle lamb (his name is Jerry) every 4 hours or so. get one or so every year that the mother rejects. ))) ?
I am also cutting the trees (around the buildings and those that block the sun around the solar panels) and stockpiling the firewood for the shop. I don't really want to burn wood in the house around the children or people.
Likely go to the lumberyard and buy some more wood and unistrut for more panel array structures this week; wood and steel parts are also up anywhere from 25 to 50 percent more than 1 year ago, so slow on the limited budget but will be completed before years end hopefully.
Have a happy thanksgiving to all this week! ?

I currently have 5 array structures built holding 30 panels, 6 250-watt 60 cell panels per array structure. so I need about 13 total or so( 8 more to build). I can send updated pictures later as I go, but have a lot to do with the cold weather and South Dakota wind slowing me down some also. I did find out that I had to add some more reinforcing yesterday on the latest incomplete array structure I was working on. the wind stopped me or at least made the task less enjoyable to work on. I am retired from the daily grind but tend livestock so I do it all at my pace now. The fierce winds had moved it (the latest in-process array structure build) so I readjusted with ratchet straps yesterday and then added some more of the reinforcements and mounted 1 more panel as the wind had died down. slow but sure when you work by yourself.
About 25 years ago in South Dakota, we had an ice storm that took the power lines out for about 3 days in the middle of the winter. this is why this system is going to be big enough to heat the house etc with off-grid electricity. At that time, of course, the propane furnace would not work without electricity or essentially all of the things we used in the country. Now I have a propane backup heater without a requirement for electrical input to function, and other things to make the frigid winter more tolerable. (((have to feed the bottle lamb (his name is Jerry) every 4 hours or so. get one or so every year that the mother rejects. ))) ?
I am also cutting the trees (around the buildings and those that block the sun around the solar panels) and stockpiling the firewood for the shop. I don't really want to burn wood in the house around the children or people.
Likely go to the lumberyard and buy some more wood and unistrut for more panel array structures this week; wood and steel parts are also up anywhere from 25 to 50 percent more than 1 year ago, so slow on the limited budget but will be completed before years end hopefully.

Respect! Michael this is awesome in every regard!!

I am retired from the daily grind but tend livestock so I do it all at my pace now.
This is the stage I hope to be at soon. I still have 15 years of work ahead of me on paper, but I am hoping I can figure out how to make that less.
We had a similar event this year here in Texas. Sadly it was the kind of event that most of the northern half of the county (especially up your way) would call a nice day, but it kicked our ass (-6F for a bit, below freezing for 3-4 days). We had no power for a couple of days and our heat is gas, but you need power to run the forced air. We were more fortunate than most that we have a gas fire place, but with nothing to do we looked like a sad bunch sitting in front of the fire all day. :p I am building a new house next year and it will be on the grid, but it will function off grid if needed. I think most of my panels are going on the roof, but I am always interested in seeing what other people come up with for ideas.

Too you as well!!!!

Does anyone happen to have ONE cell they would sell me? 280ah? I have a 16s 48v system that powers my RV that I full-time live in. One of my new cells has gone bad. Brought it back once but it is immediately dropping off, which just screws the whole bank. I need a replacement cell, ASAP. I am currently in AZ, but will be making my way to Boston soon.

Does anyone happen to have ONE cell they would sell me? 280ah? I have a 16s 48v system that powers my RV that I full-time live in. One of my new cells has gone bad. Brought it back once but it is immediately dropping off, which just screws the whole bank. I need a replacement cell, ASAP. I am currently in AZ, but will be making my way to Boston soon.

Check out the seller that this thread is about.

You may be able to pick it up in TX on your way to MA.

Where is the Houston warehouse located?

Looking for the physical address.

Last edited:
Is it possible to go to the Houston warehouse and pay for batteries in cash?

As @Jred asked, does anyone know the actual physical address of the warehouse? Has anyone from this forum been there to pick up in person?

Yes I know it's in Houston. I'm looking for where in Houston and if there's any way to see batteries in person before putting down money?

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to go to the Houston warehouse and pay for batteries in cash?

As @Jred asked, does anyone know the actual physical address of the warehouse? Has anyone from this forum been there to pick up in person?

Yes I know it's in Houston. I'm looking for where in Houston and if there's any way to see batteries in person before putting down money?

Thanks in advance.
@Jenny Wu or @Amy Zheng will probably have a answer for you sometime tonight. I no they regularly check in on the forum.. My best guess is you would probably have to pay one of them and then pick up at warehouse.

Back