diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

It's a warehouse, generally to support their online sales through Docan tech of Alibaba, and Powerwholesale.net
I believe the address has been posted though.

FYI... the same cells were only $2100 shipped out of China. I wanted to skip the 3 month wait. I am in 2+ months already on a different 16 cell purchase from a different vendor.
All 32 cells arrived in excellent physical condition with the last box showing up yesterday December 2nd, 2021 via FedEx. I paid $128.75 per cell including shipping for a subtotal of $4120.00 dollars there was an extra fee Alibaba charged (124.19 tax/cc fees??) so $4243.19 was the ultimate cost, or $132.60 per cell delivered directly from China to my off-grid build in South Dakota USA (My second order from Ryan Zeng) I received new Grade A cells both times without incident.

so a very similar low price when shipped directly from China! vs the quicker more expensive shipping from a USA warehouse. patience and planning is the key. this order was started on September 8th, 2021 and all arrived by December 2nd, 2021.... so the tortoise was shipping them on the slow boat ride,
the tortoise beat the hare in the end anyways! ?
have a great day all from sunny South Dakota! ?

I have never heard of docan. but then that is not who I placed my orders thru. I do note Ryan Zeng now told me they have cells coming into a USA warehouse for quick delivery.
I doubt they all use the same warehouse. have a great day!
they may be re-selling from the same manufacturer, some selling used as new, some selling actual new cells.
all the cells I have received have been grade A new cells in excellent condition. ordered directly through Alibaba shipped on the slow boat ride from China.
you can surely pay more for some already in the USA....
the idea of DIY is to save a little hard-earned cash, learn a lot, and understand the things you are making in a safe way!
many good ideas on this forum, that is why I bought new 272Ah and now 280Ah cells to make 24-volt batteries.
I have 8 of the pre-built 5kw ones, and now 96 cells in 4 different 24-volt battery build.
my latest build is the 32 cell using the EVE LF280K 280Ah cells in a 4P8S configuration.
beginners should stick with 8S or 16S builds!
the Electrodacus readily balances the 2P8S battery and the 4P8S battery builds. Assembly is not for the faint-hearted.

Last edited:
Hi Michael- just a thought. This is a thread about Docan. I'm not sure you realize that you have dropped in and made it about a completely different vendor and promoted them with links to their salesman. Maybe you could start a thread about your favorite vendor. This thread is about sharing the experiences about working with Docan. I'm glad you found a vendor you are happy with but it's confusing to people when you drop in and change the subject.
And a bit rude.

Hi Michael- just a thought. This is a thread about Docan. I'm not sure you realize that you have dropped in and made it about a completely different vendor and promoted them with links to their salesman. Maybe you could start a thread about your favorite vendor. This thread is about sharing the experiences about working with Docan. I'm glad you found a vendor you are happy with but it's confusing to people when you drop in and change the subject.
ok no problem here, I originally was watching Ghost writer about 2 years ago or so and noted the price they were talking about here was considerably higher, but it seems the possible advantage was they had the warehouse in the USA. but I had never heard of docan before.
Ghost writer is why I started buying the 272Ah raw cells.
Ghost writer is the one who started the thread and has had given them a good reference.
personally, I am not trying to promote any of them. but only trying to share my experiences.
I do note that they all seem to come from the same manufacturing plant (maybe -- never seen any of them).
I received a personal note from one member who said their order was still in limbo from August!
I will go back and read through the thread a bit more later,
thanks for the heads up on steering the thread in a different direction.
good luck to all! ?

Just received my cells - 16 EVE 280AH cells
Ordered Nov 16th, received today - 3 weeks later (well 1 day less technically)

Thank you Jenny Wu for a great buying experience.

I ordered 16 cells of the LF280K from @Jenny Wu with Docan a few days ago. I went with the ones from China since I'm not in a huge rush and it was the best price I could find from a reliable source. Although now that I'm waiting for them and my other components have started showing up, I feel like I want to order another 16 from the warehouse. ? Best way to make sure you get accurate information and prices is to contact Jenny directly.

It was a great experience dealing with Jade. I picked up Patrick’s batteries since I live in Houston - about 6 miles from the warehouse. I was able to pick a random box, open it and test the cells.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back