diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

God bless your heart for converting to freedom dollars for us simpletons, that’s a pretty killer deal landed.

What’s going to be your total capacity once those cells are in service?

God bless your heart for converting to freedom dollars for us simpletons, that’s a pretty killer deal landed.

What’s going to be your total capacity once those cells are in service?

Total capacity will be 57kWh, but probably closer to 50kWh usable. It's 64 cells total, 280Ah each. I considered 304Ah for this batch of 32, but the cost per Ah was lower going with 280. The reason I got these now is that prices are expected to go up quite a bit, and I wanted to have around 50kWh by winter this year.

I have other cells in storage that are not used right now (other projects, back-ups, etc.), which I could make another battery or two out of. Everything together I could probably get to 80kWh.

Total capacity will be 57kWh, but probably closer to 50kWh usable. It's 64 cells total, 280Ah each. I considered 304Ah for this batch of 32, but the cost per Ah was lower going with 280. The reason I got these now is that prices are expected to go up quite a bit, and I wanted to have around 50kWh by winter this year.

I have other cells in storage that are not used right now (other projects, back-ups, etc.), which I could make another battery or two out of. Everything together I could probably get to 80kWh.
Thanks, I was wondering why people were buying the 280 rather than 304.
Yes, I expect prices to increase substantially soon.

Anyone can confirm this is real?

86 135 3041 2339

Amy from docan, she ask me to pay on a aliexpress shop via paypal, thats safe? is my first buy, 16 cells...
Mine was on Alibaba. That is how they handle payments on credit cards and PayPal.
If you wire direct, you save the Alibaba/Aliexpress fees but, don't have any middleman recourse if things go awry, not that either will of those Chinese companies will protect you.

I was also weirded out purchasing through alibaba, but she sent a custom link and I was willing to pay the extra few bucks for a CC purchase which actually took Apple Pay so I didn’t even have to dig out my wallet.

I was also weirded out purchasing through alibaba, but she sent a custom link and I was willing to pay the extra few bucks for a CC purchase which actually took Apple Pay so I didn’t even have to dig out my wallet.
I was able to do the same, Jenny wu sent invoices that I paid with a cc.

Well the 230Ah ones, that I was eyeing just went up in price! They're now $121.50 usd from Texas :(
Is there another reputable place to buy eve LFP prismatics?

18650batterycells had eve280 in stock but price is something like 625 plus shipping for 4 of them.

Well the 230Ah ones, that I was eyeing just went up in price! They're now $121.50 usd from Texas :(
Is there another reputable place to buy eve LFP prismatics?
Is that after the CC transaction fees? Website still shows $116.50, though that is higher than I paid not all that long ago ($109 ea before fees).

4 more cells ordered ? and yes 121.50 is before payment fees.

I figured I’m hedging my bets before additional pice hikes, and I will now have my full buildout battery 6kwh, now to find some PV panels to keep it happy.

Lithium batteries everywhere I have looked are all up in price or simply out of stock. Lockdowns in China, transportation issues, inflation, and a host of related issues along with classic 'supply and demand' have all pushed prices up a pretty good amount.

As existing stocks of smaller capacity batteries become depleted, I expect those to increase in lockstep with the larger batteries that are generally out of stock where I look. Demand from EV cars isn't helping much either when you have a backlog of Teslas and other cars for $60K~$120K providing a lucrative market for what batteries are actually available even though most of them are made from a mix of smaller cells like you see in various flashlights. The available source materials are going to follow the more lucrative market opportunities.

My costs for Lithium 18650, 21700, and 26650 cells for my flashlights have all gone up considerably and most places are totally out of stock moments after inventory becomes available. Batteries that cost me $6 two months ago are now >$11. Right now, button tops are generally unavailable but, I can find supplies of flat top batteries. Old School Ni-Cd batteries haven't experienced anything more than general inflation so, my old school Maglite flashlights are in good shape battery-wise.

Regarding LiFeP04 batteries, I'm glad I got some before they went out of stock. The ones available today suggest when the ones I bought return to the marketplace, they will probably be more expensive than I can reasonably afford.

Ah. Well i have a family so that increases it substantially. When I was single yes it would have been easier to do.

I'm glad I got my cells when I did.

4 230ah plus 6 additional bus bars arrived (10 bus bars total)

Cells are mirror images of the 4 that arrived 2 weeks ago. Voltages 3.292/293, no bloat, perfect packaging.

This will be a 460ah 12v battery and eventually convert to a 230ah 24v battery once our 3 season cabin is fully finished, right now we have 3 recessed lights and one duplex for 120vac load plus our 8A dc water pump. Goal will be to wire the entire camp for 120 and lights/outlets to enjoy a drip coffee machine vs our French press which is cool but a pain in the butt to clean.

Attachments

• 8019939B-9A20-4A56-AA23-EAF21C2BE8A3.jpeg
    8019939B-9A20-4A56-AA23-EAF21C2BE8A3.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 18
  • 1DD8634F-DA4E-48FF-8E7F-8937AA923C3C.jpeg
    1DD8634F-DA4E-48FF-8E7F-8937AA923C3C.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 8F45E327-BCF4-45AF-9792-FFFAE1309A62.jpeg
    8F45E327-BCF4-45AF-9792-FFFAE1309A62.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Has anybody ordered and paid through the Docan website? https://www.docanpower.com/index.php?route=common/home
I ordered some batteries through this link and the only way to pay is with a bank transfer. I am curious if this is the correct site. I may cancel my order and try to contact Jenny directly. Any thoughts?
Its the right site but if you want to pay with credit card or paypal you need to contact them via email to set that up.

Has anybody ordered and paid through the Docan website? https://www.docanpower.com/index.php?route=common/home
I ordered some batteries through this link and the only way to pay is with a bank transfer. I am curious if this is the correct site. I may cancel my order and try to contact Jenny directly. Any thoughts?
Docan is a separate company from Jenny. Jenny only accepts bank wire transfers or credit cards processed on Alibaba.

Jenny's products can be picked up at the Docan Power storefront but, they are effectively like a drop-off site for Amazon, FedEx, or UPS.

Back