diy solar

diy solar

Outback 48V split phase system SOLD

i live in pa i can get ship label with fedex if u can package and get weight and dimensions. i will offer 1000.00 if they still work

ACCORDING TO LINK it may weight 256 lbs . is that right? so it would need to go on a pallet

I would like to know what years the units are. If I'm correct they are about 16 years old. That would make them near the end of there life. Do you know if they even work and do you still have them?

I don't know the age.
I do not have a 48 volt battery to test them.
I still have them.

There should be on the back of the inverters the year they were built. Would you mind looking an letting me know. I might be interested in them, but I'm very concern about the age. Most inverts are not design to work past 15 years.

I would like to know what years the units are. If I'm correct they are about 16 years old. That would make them near the end of there life. Do you know if they even work and do you still have them?
You were spot on; good job.

I've seen a number of outbacks in the field; high quality units. Only time I seen a bad one was from literal water damaged into the unit.

I live off the grid about 625 miles down on the Baja Ca peninsula. I see units go bad all the time. I have the same units as these except they are not the grid units. The unit that went bad. I know there is at least one shorted power transistor. I suspect there may it might have took out other things. I called the factory and they don't support that old of unit. I was seriously thinking of purchasing new units until I ran across these. If they work, then it would work out for me. That wouldn't be the case for many people. The charge controllers are two small for me to use. I'm currently producing 3.2k. I have a 80amp controller that works fine. Last year I changed out all my solar panels and upgraded them. Before I had 36 panels producing about 1.2k. They were almost 20 years old. About 5 years ago the old 60amp charge controller burned up and I replaced it with the new one. I have 4 105amp lithium car batteries, which runs the power for the whole house. We have sun most of the time. If I'm careful I can get 3 days of power without a recharge. I will say the most common thing that makes the controllers go bad is heat, as with most things electronic. The fans go bad. Down here in the summer it reaches about 100 degree's with about 150 percent of humidity. I have found the Outback system are one of the best well built units out there.

I would say the midnite charge controllers are better; and operate silently
midnite classic well worth it

outback stopped innovating

I found manufacture dates under the covers.
Q3 09 and Q2 05
Mike,

I wanted to let you know I'm back. I was thinking of coming up next Saturday, the 29th. I would be there somewhere around 9-10. I won't have anybody to help me. I don't think this will be a problem, since I would disassemble them there. I also wanted to know if you have an A/C outlet for me to hook up a power supply to check the inverters.

John

Back