diy solar

diy solar

Outback 8048 inverter Power Supply issue

KEJ

My Outback GS8048 Inverter power supply board (Beast P.S. Board or 200 board) has a burned out resistor, R44 and I have no idea what the number reads on it as its pretty much fried. I have exhausted all efforts to find a schematic or parts list for the board, including contacting OUTBACK. If someone out there in cyberspace can look at their power supply board for the GS8048 and tell me what the number is on-top of R44 using a magnifying glass, I would be very grateful. FYI, both fans are good but not operating because of this issue. Thank you for your help. KEJ

Also the version, there are multiple....It is not under warrantee? They have a good warrantee, is it really old?

Can you please show good clear pictures?
My camera cannot take a closeup picture such is needed for a component as small as a surface mount resistor. Even if I were to take a picture of R44, there is nothing to see as it has burned. The only visible markings close to the component is its identifier "R44" which is silkscreened on the P.C. board. If you have one of these boards in your inverter, you can clearly see the subject component located on the left center of the board. Thank you for your replay.

Also the version, there are multiple....It is not under warrantee? They have a good warrantee, is it really old?
My Outback system is 6 years old. I have a local solar company who distributes and installs for Outback checking to see if they would take my power supply board in trade for a new one. I'm crossing my aged fingers. Thank you for your response.

Considering this inverter for our house. Would be interested if outback stepped up and got you a new board.

Back