diy solar

diy solar

Over paneling

ZmAn3

So I'm pretty new to this I have a 100ah Battle born I see posts about how batteries are the expensive part and it's better to over panel .
My question is if the battle born company says it's best to charge at 50% rate so I guess 50 amps? I have a 100/30 victron and a 100/20 victron
how do you over panel and keep the charge rate at 50 or so?
feel free to just link to something if you want ;)
Thanks

Depending on your power needs, especially considering winter produces less, over-paneling can be beneficial.
If your charge controller is sized or programmed to not exceed 50A target, then extra power from PV will be clipped.
I guess those two charge controllers add up to 50A max?
(Don't exceed Isc specs of the controller, nor of course Voc after adjusting panels specs for record coldest day)
What I like to do is parallel strings of panels with differing orientations. So long as string length (or string voltage if different brands) is the same, this only reduces yield a few percent but spreads power over more hours. So you could do that to both charge controllers. If you want the Wh.

What I like to do is parallel strings of panels with differing orientations. So long as string length (or string voltage if different brands) is the same, this only reduces yield a few percent but spreads power over more hours. So you could do that to both charge controllers. If you want the Wh.
if you have only one SCC, you should consider Schottky diodes in series with your paralleled panels to avoid discharging the insolated one into the shaded one.

Back