diy solar

diy solar

over voltage error message on HQST mppt

hdrocknr

I have a 20 a HQST mppt controller connected to 2 100ah chins in series for 24v. I have 3 100w panels in series. I am using this for my "back up entertainment" system but use it daily (tv,cable box, and indoor cell phone booster and 1 led 7w light.) Most all winter the solar kept the batteries charged but occasionally I would get an intense light flashing overvoltage message. my concern is damage to the batteries. It does not appear to stop providing current to the batteries according to my ali shunt monitor. I usually get nervous and disconnect the panels. I am waiting on the arrival of two more batteries to increase my bank so I can add my 5 cu ft freezer to this circuit of usage. I anticipated adding another panel as well. I guess my question is how do you balance the dilemma of not enough solar input on overcast days to too much on sunny days?

Did you figure out more about your issue? I have a similar issue, currently, with an HQST 40A controller and a Weize 50 Ah battery. When my LFP battery is almost charged, I start getting an E02 error message from the HQST controller. I was also getting an E02 message from a different PWM controller. My panel can output up to 36 Vdc, but this occurs even at 14-18 Vdc input. I can't determine if it is the controller or the battery.

Back