diy solar

diy solar

Overkill 120a "continious" BMS on 280ah 4S cells?

Terrapin

OK, I admittedly did not take inverter efficency in mind so this is getting really really close...

This entire build is a removable generator style setup going in a pelican or rolling hard suitcase and the standard shore plug will be the trailer interface.

Cells: 4S Eve 280ah

BMS: Overkill 120ah 4S

Inverter: The GoWise 1500W AC (continuous) inverter is marked on the case as input: 12V and 150A. I am guessing that it's obviously less at lower loads.

Loads: The Rv's microwave is 1300W (max). Plus the added utility loads like propane solenoid oft he refrig. , a few LED domes lights on, plus the CO/propane detectors. Yeah, it will be need those 1500w when the microwave is on high power. I know I am very very close when running the nuke on high.

The only reason I think I may have a prayer is because the batteries will be 1' from the inverter in available closet space right at trailers converter. I will be adding a second, 2' (switched) jumper to the shore cord right there.

To the questions...
1. The overkill BMS is rated at only 120A "continuous" on their web site.
Does anyone have experience or links to what their surge rating is?

2. If this seems impossible, what 150a-200a smart BMS or BMS/shunt combo would you think is a good value and durable?

I believe I read on their Reddit page that you can safely configure the surge to 280A for 10sec.

I believe I read on their Reddit page that you can safely configure the surge to 280A for 10sec.
I will Research that there for sure. I really want to stick with it. Thanks!
Have you seen this
I had not. very Interesting. Will is so generous with his knowledge. It's set up the whole feel for this forum. This is just my very first battery build and electrical work of any kind. between his videos and people helping here it's a possibility, I am saving the link for after the inverter warranty is expired. TY.

Back