diy solar

diy solar

overkill bms android app

John Frum

Tell me your problems
I am running an 8s overkill bms with xiaoxiang:v3.1.1015 app.

1. Is there a way to backup the configuration parameters?
I would like to save the defaults before I start making changes.

2. Is there a way to enable discharge and/or charge paths from the app?

I don't remember a way to save the parameters. I save parameters on my Victron BMV-712, but I don't think I found a way on the BMS.

I thought there was a way to turn off charge/discharge in the parameters, but never tried it. If you set the low temperature cutoff to a very high number, that would turn off charging. Kind of a redneck way to do it, but it would work.

I looked in the manual for a way to do both and came up empty except for a mention that settings could be saved.

I don't remember a way to save the parameters. I save parameters on my Victron BMV-712, but I don't think I found a way on the BMS.

I thought there was a way to turn off charge/discharge in the parameters, but never tried it. If you set the low temperature cutoff to a very high number, that would turn off charging. Kind of a redneck way to do it, but it would work.

I looked in the manual for a way to do both and came up empty except for a mention that settings could be saved.
Kind of new to this. But I did see there was the option for switch install that would disable the BMS. At least on the model I purchased. Not sure if it helps.

There is a way on the iPhone app, but I don’t think the Android app allows for that.

Back