diy solar

diy solar

Overkill BMS cut off charging

GoBiE

I have a 4 cell 12v 280ah setup. I have tried in the settings to get the bms turn off the charging when the voltage is 13.6 this because I don’t need to maximise the capacity, I would rather have a healthy battery, and the same when discharging. I could use the cell protection or battery voltage protection but this should be the last lifeline so I would like to not use these parameters in case.

can anyone tell me if it’s possible and where in the bms settings. I have bought the pro version.

thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Why not set your charger to terminate at 13.6V?

It's customary to have your system to operate inside the BMS operating limits and rely on the BMS to catch problems.

In my case, I have 2 independent charge sources that cannot be fully configured for cutoff .... So, I control that with my BMS. I don't see a problem with the BMS being first instead of 2nd.

GoBiE ... Do you have Apple IOS?
On mine, at the primary screen, there is a config selection in the bottom right of the main screen .... I have a bug with mine where the first time after opening the App it will tell me to purchase the Pro Version .... but I already have .... at the bottom of the screen is a selection to ...restore purchase, I don't know why but I have to do this every time I go into the config screen.
Once in the config screen select the BMS setting tab at the bottom and then at the top select BMS read. Then you scroll down to the protections area and change the setting for Batt Over Voltage.
You should also set up the capacity configuration settings if you haven't done that.
Next select Write BMS.

Be aware that once you write a parameter change the SOC indications will revert to a guestimate based on the pack voltage. Once you charge the battery to the Battery Full parameter level, the SOC will reset to 100% and track from there .... til you write another parameter change.

Hi
Thanks, yes I have iOS. The charger have no settings for me to change, using this ctek charger.

I have tried a lot and thought that this setting would make the charging end when it feels that the cell have 3375 but i guess that this section in the setting is only for calculating the SOC.
72CBCC4A-D7A9-47C3-A83D-F94923A66EC0.jpeg
So I think I need to use the protection section further down in the app, but then I get all protections warnings in the app and I would like to avoid that. Or is there any other way?

would like to use the battery between 99% full down to 10%

That's the only way I know to do it if you are going to do it with the BMS. I don't think this BMS has the ability to do it based on SOC .... just voltage protection.

Back