diy solar

diy solar

Overkill BMS For 10A charging

chbrandt

Hi, I'm building a 50ah 12v system with 4 LiFePO4 cells that have a maximum charge rate 10A. I'm looking at the Overkill solar BMS but wanted to make sure before purchasing that I can charge at anywhere from 0-100 amps with no issues. This is my first build and will be used to power an 18.5" Dobsonian telescope.

M6 Threaded Terminals Version

Here are the cells:

On the batteries themselves, they say max charge rate of 10A.

Thanks

Hi, I'm building a 50ah 12v system with 4 LiFePO4 cells that have a maximum charge rate 10A. I'm looking at the Overkill solar BMS but wanted to make sure before purchasing that I can charge at anywhere from 0-100 amps with no issues. This is my first build and will be used to power an 18.5" Dobsonian telescope.

M6 Threaded Terminals Version

Here are the cells:

On the batteries themselves, they say max charge rate of 10A.

Thanks
The overkill solar 4s BMS is rated for 120 amps continuous.
Just to be clear its not a charger or charge controller.
Its a BMS and should only disconnect the battery from the system under fault conditions not during normal operation.

Haven't purchased a charger yet but wasn't sure if I HAD to charge art 120 amps continuous or could charge at 10 with that BMS?

If you only want to charge at 10 amps .... your should control that with the charger you use .... the BMS will have no problem with a charge current that is smaller than it's capabilities.

Haven't purchased a charger yet but wasn't sure if I HAD to charge art 120 amps continuous or could charge at 10 with that BMS?

Any amperage that your batteries and the bms can handle is fine.
10 amps is fine for the bms.

Back