diy solar

diy solar

Overkill bms keeps shutting down discharging.

markhbrown

I'm using a overkill bms on my 280ah lifepo4 batteries. It was working fine in my system. I took the battery apart to top balance these new cells using CV cc device. Charged them up and then reassembled into pack with bms. Hooked it back up into my system but now with the slightest load it shuts down discharging. I was able to keep it on with a 2 watt led light but anything more shuts it off. I do the reset option in the software it allows discharging and when I turn on anything it shuts it back down. The BMs is still showing cells are at 3.41 or so, pack voltage is 13.7. Before I top balanced I was able to run a heat gun at 1300 watts. What did I do? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-193806_xiaoxiang.jpg
    Screenshot_20210929-193806_xiaoxiang.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 10
and just a followup. When I disconnect the bms and run my inverter straight off my lifepo4 batteries it runs the microwave and 1300 watt heat gun fine. It's something with the BMS and I can't figure it out.

Double check your wiring, if it was working before, there is no reason for the bms to not be working now. Can you post pictures of your battery wiring?

After you double check everything, send them your story. They stand behind what they sell.

I found the problem. I accidentally cut through one of the temp sensor wires while taping the cells together causing it to have a false low temp. reading. I need to fix or get a new temp sensor wire.

On the app, if you go to the menu page and then to the functions settings page, you can turn on or off the temp sensors. I had trouble with one of my temp sensors and just turned it off. See if this lets your bms start working.

Back