diy solar

diy solar

Overkill BMS reset on inverter start

soft start Starts the motor in stages to lesson Lock Rotor Amps

A hard start capacitor shifts the sin wave to help the start windings have more torque (leverage)

in DC a capacitor stores for surges... it may not have enough but it could... the other issue you still have a new rush of current through the BMS charging the capacitor

I think it has been mentioned 1500 watts is about max for this BMS. The 2000 puts you in this position. I think the 50% setting when off grid is actually a good solution.

Not sure what microwave but my Dometic will pull 165 amps no sweat. Assuming that is a Panasonic Inverter series MW the 50% actually reduces power from the Megatron vs cycling at full power as most MWs do.

Not sure what microwave but my Dometic will pull 165 amps no sweat. Assuming that is a Panasonic Inverter series MW the 50% actually reduces power from the Megatron vs cycling at full power as most MWs do.
Yes, would have to be an inverter type microwave if 50% power did any good.

a hard start is not used on a dc motor... the first two are for AC motors
Exactly.

And....a capacitor here accomplishes nothing, especially one as small as this one. The power surge lasts too long. All you have to do is calculate the power requirements over time. If you need a capacitor for something like this, the design is bad

Exactly.

And....a capacitor here accomplishes nothing, especially one as small as this one. The power surge lasts too long. All you have to do is calculate the power requirements over time. If you need a capacitor for something like this, the design is bad
we already know the design is bad, undersized BMS.
A 3.3F (or 3,300 000uf) isn't exactly small

we already know the design is bad, undersized BMS.
A 3.3F (or 3,300 000uf) isn't exactly small
It's very small for something like this. Do the calculations for a draw that lasts 1 second long or more. Then you will see why it's too small.

Look for an inverter microwave, they generally control the current in the microwave transformer so you won't get a huge inrush.

As an aside, they are more efficient, and once you learn how to use their features you should find yourself using less energy when heating/cooking food.

Back