diy solar

diy solar

Overkill bms reverse charging

84bronze

Received a new 4s bms from overkill. Everything is good as far as programming and connections. I reset it to default and then loaded lifepo4 normal settings. It shows good numbers except for when I try to charge then the amperage goes negative and the available amp starts to count down . Image is with a 4 amp charger and no load attached. Any idea what is going on?

I emailed overkill and waiting for a reply.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211218-122938_xiaoxiang.jpg
    Screenshot_20211218-122938_xiaoxiang.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 15
Is the remaining capacity going the correct direction to co-relate with charge/discharge?

Remaining is going wrong direction. I have never attempted to attach any load yet so amperage is 0 until I try to charge and then it shows negative amperage. What would you expect to happen?

It sounds like you might have the C- and B- wires reversed. B- connects to the battery. C- connects to the charger and loads.

I would assume that you got the BMS connections the wrong way:
You have Blue cables that are marked B-, those should go to the battery, and the Black C- should go to you loads/charger.

Yes I had the bms connection wrong. Overkill tech let me know already.. fixed it and it works good now. Weekend tech support!

Back