diy solar

diy solar

Overkill / QUCC / Overkill BMS timeout

Ai4px

I left my pack on but not connected to any load for two days and when I came back to check, it had shut off the contactor. A quick connection to a 10ohm resistor on the battery leads woke it up and caused it to pull in the contactor. I’ve been accessing it via the XiaoxiangBMS app on both ios and android.... on android when I view the parameters, I see it downloads 59 settings... one of them is MOS control time=65000s. But when I go to “change parameters” the app only downloads 52 settings and MOS control time isn’t one that is downloaded.

So...1) does this mean the BMS shuts off if it sees no current above a threshold chg or dischg, it will turn off the contactor in 65000 seconds?
2)How can I change this to stay on all the time? I can’t find an app that lets me set that parameter.

SmartBMSutility under iOS works with this BMS as well, but no dice on that MOS control time setting.

Did you ever find out what "mos control time" is for?
Yes… it is the number of seconds with no current draw before the unit drops the contactor and goes to sleep. It will wake up as soon as you try to draw power thru it. For my application of standby UPS for the house this was a deal breaker for me. Setting to 0 or 65535 did not disable this function. It’s a shame because I really like this unit.

Thanks for the info - I looked all over and could not find anything about that parameter.

Back