diy solar

diy solar

Overkill Solar 4S 12v 120a LiFePo4 BMS Purchase and Shipping Experience

HammerToe

Hi guys, just thought I would mention, in case anyone might be interested:

I had been trying to ‘get my hands on’ one of those Overkill Solar 4S 12v 120a LiFePo4 BMS’s for quite some time but they seem to be really hard to come by, whether through Overkill Solar or anyone else.

There seem to be a great deal of uncertainty about – in the case of Overkill Solar specifically – surrounding whether or not they had stock of exactly what/which configurations, which versions might be wind up being backordered, and overall – shipping times. There were a lot of ‘warnings’ on their site that while “Most Items Were in Stock”, they were extremely backlogged with orders and even if they had stock, one might expect to have to wait 30 days or more for their order to actually be shipped.

In the end, I finally decided to place an order even if I might have to wait a bit longer than I might like just to ‘get in the queue’ and, “what will be, will be”. So…

‘TODAY =’ Tuesday, June 8, 2021:

• 5:57 AM (North America Central Time Zone): Placed an Order - I decided to ‘Pull the Trigger’ and wound up placing an order for one. I ‘went with’ the ‘Standard Model’ - the version that comes with the six – 12” long 8 gauge wires soldered on. I also went for the $10.00 option to have two Crimped Copper Lugs installed. (For 10 bucks, it’s not worth it to try to do it myself, I figured. I went for the lugs with a ¼ inch hole since they should simply enable me to connect the BMS up directly to the 6 mm M6 screws or posts or whatever. I also popped for the optional USB module for $9.00.

• 12:00 PM (Noon): I received two emails from Overkill Solar. The first was an advisory that MY ORDER HAD BEEN SHIPPED! That’s right, ‘SHIPPED’. The email contained a Tracking Number (DHL Express) AND A LINK “You can track your shipment on this page”. I clicked on it and it WORKED. The second email was a Detailed Invoice for my order, itemizing everything.

• 3:12 PM: I received an email from DHL (also) advising me that my shipment had been picked up by them and was ‘On Its Way’. It informed me that – by default – a signature upon delivery would be required but it provided a link that I could click on “To authorize delivery without a signature, or for other delivery options… - Click HERE”. (This I intend to do, very likely).

• Using the tracking number provided, I went to DHL’s Shipment Tracking page and searched for my shipment. It was ‘there’:
    • Tuesday, June 08, 2021 Location Time Piece

• 3 Processed at FORT MYERS - USA FORT MYERS, FL - USA 18:45 PM EST 1 Piece
    • 2 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 13:02
    • 1 Shipment picked up FORT MYERS, FL - USA 16:07 EST 1 Piece
Pretty impressive stuff, I think.

Anyway, I just thought that I would post my experience with Overkill Solar in general and my attempts to order at least this specific BMS HERE, thinking it might be of some interest and usefulness to other members of the forum.

Cheers.

Just thought I’d add that the order I placed for one of Overkill Solars 12v 4S 120 amp BMSes YESTERDAY MORNING (Tuesday, June 8) at 5:57 AM Central Standard Time was DELIVERED TO MY DOOR AT 2:57 PM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME TODAY – WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9.

‘DHL Express shipping’ - EXCELLENT. Perhaps the best I’ve ever experienced from the US (I live in Winnipeg, Canada). ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT Tracking Capabilities provided plus extremely comprehensive options for Email alerts (I selected all of them).

Anyway, very impressive. So if anyone might be looking around for one of the BMS is – the specific model – that Will recommended, and you can live with the ‘stock wiring’ or not - specifically – I think – the model with 12 inch wires and/or perhaps the model with no wires at all, they do appear to have stock at Overkill.

33 hours almost exactly to the minute from the time I placed the order to having it delivered to my door from Florida. Impressive…

Back