diy solar

diy solar

Overkill Solar 8s BMS, cell 8 always reads 0.1v higher than actual. Confirmed with volt meter at the balance connector.

meeeul

Hi Guys, I have 8s BMS with EVE 304AH cells. Initially balanced all cells in parallel to 3.6v with external power supply until current draw was few mili amps. The setup was working fine for several months, then I didn't check for a month or so. Now cell 8 is always .1v higher, I confirmed by removing the balance connector and checked voltage on the pins, they are fine 3.29#v all of them including cell 8. The app shows 3.37x. I swapped cell 8 with 6 and still the cell #8 ( which was 6 and showing correct voltage before) is .1v higher in the app, so I think its a software issue. I only have Bluetooth dongle. Any idea ?

Update: so I checked my ring terminal and they were crimped and soldered, also I sanded them with 400grit sand paper to remove oxidation and that made no difference. At the balance connector cell 8 was 3.3 like other cell but in JDB app it was high. So I decided to go to calibration rout after talking to overkill solar. Since I didn't have iphone or pc usb box for the bms, I dug up an old usbttl cable from arduino days, and soldered a 4pin jst-xh connector. Downloaded the windows app from overkill website. it didn't connect right away on com3 but after few tries got the calibration done. now cell 8 is 3.33 instead of 3.43. Will see if this holds of gets out of calibration again. Troy at overkill solar said I can ship it back for re-calibration or buy another one and return this one for refund, so their service is really good. Hope this helps someone.oksolar_calibrationMisc.JPG

Back