diy solar

diy solar

Overkill Solar Not taking Support Calls ?

Since we're on the subject of Overkill BMSes I have a question:

I have 9 Overkill BMSes. When I use the app to try to connect to them it doesn't show all the batteries and let me select the BMS I need to see. Instead it shows between 1 and 9 of them but barrels on to a random choice. It literally allows me up to a maximum of about 1.5 seconds before barreling on. Since it puts the list up randomly you can barely focus on the first line and POW! it goes to one of them. Once it's gone (95% of the time to the wrong one) I have to cancel the app and count to 5 before trying again or it hangs and you have to dump it and count to five again.

If I want to see a particular battery I will typically have to try the app with 5 second waits twenty to fifty times before randomly stumbling on the battery of interest.

I'm using Android on a Samsung S10+.
Anyone got any suggestions to help this towards rationality?

Today I had to give up on connecting to a particular battery, the app just kept connecting to all the others.

When I switch from the one BMS to the next, I click on the BMS and it starts to connect (acts like it at least). I immediately hit the back button and the select the BMS again and it makes the connection that time.

This is on Android.

Back