diy solar

diy solar

Overkill Solar Not taking Support Calls ?

My 4s BMS shipped today so something is moving out there. Order placed Mar 20. Very happy :cool:

Hmmmm.... I ordered the 16s back on 3/18. Currently, no tracking number or BMS. I emailed a few days back asking for any update without response. I’ll just wait and see.

While sympathetic to the fact that Steve is a member of the community and is a one man show, as a consumer/customer, it’s a transactional relationship. I provided funds while the business provides goods/services. It might as well be a magic box. I’m not, nor should I be, concerned with the logistics of the business.

Being understanding, means I go into the purchase knowing there will be extended time for shipping, but a lack of response/communication isn’t good customer service for a business. At the end of the day, it’s a business.

I believe if Overkill had the BMS you ordered it would have been sent and received by now. There is no reason to confirm 100+ emails a day that the items are backordered as already shown on the website.

I believe if Overkill had the BMS you ordered it would have been sent and received by now. There is no reason to confirm 100+ emails a day that the items are backordered as already shown on the website.

I hope that it would have, but when I ordered there was no statement of them being on backorder posted on the website. He stated on the site he received a shipment of this BMS on 3/24 and 3/27. So, it’s left me waiting and wondering, more so since I haven’t received any response from him. I also wonder why he hasn’t chimed in on this thread if nothing else.

I’m comparing overkill with Michael Caro (the group buy) and other positive customer service experiences. The latter, they were forthright, transparent, and communicative. I don’t believe I’m currently receiving that from Overkill the business.

Yes, I just saw this. Not sure when it was posted, but will try reach out and see if I can help.

Gotta admit, his sense of humor is still there. I've emailed him in the past and he responded in a short time. I've never purchased a BMS from him, but if I wanted a 24v 100a BMS, he would get the business. I need to build a battery for my boat next, most likely BMS will be Overkill.

I hope that it would have, but when I ordered there was no statement of them being on backorder posted on the website. He stated on the site he received a shipment of this BMS on 3/24 and 3/27. So, it’s left me waiting and wondering, more so since I haven’t received any response from him. I also wonder why he hasn’t chimed in on this thread if nothing else.

I’m comparing overkill with Michael Caro (the group buy) and other positive customer service experiences. The latter, they were forthright, transparent, and communicative. I don’t believe I’m currently receiving that from Overkill the business.

I just received mine in the last few days.
About 2.5 to 3 weeks from placing order to receiving it.

Not bad imo. Especially since I won't have my batteries for some time yet.

Yes, I just saw this. Not sure when it was posted, but will try reach out and see if I can help.
Whenever will posts a video with a positive review bad things can happen. I had bought two Valence batteries off of Ebay and got a very good deal on them. I still have them and love them. Then along came Will posting a positive review and how much he liked them. Right after the video was posted the price more than doubled and even tripled. I had intended to get a couple more but Will put an end to that...lol.

It all turned out good in the end and I put that money towards my EVE cells. So I now have a stationary backup supply and a portable one to boot.

Steve was blindsided after Will posted his review of the Overkill. I am not sure when he posted his apology either. It's good of you to reach out to help him... (y)

Soooo.... crazy, but I just got an email that he’ll be shipping out my BMS this week. I sent an email back, but in his email he referred to “we” leading me to believe he might have already found some.

There is an art to not replying to every email. Glad to hear it will be on the way soon.

I sent an email back, but in his email he referred to “we” leading me to believe he might have already found some.
I have a “Bad” habit of using the word We also, as in, Me, Myself and I..... ✌️

Addressing it as a blanket statement when you are streached crazy thin is manning up in my book. No one can do more than their best. If I had to choose between shipping or talking about shipping I'd make the same bummer choice.

Spend any time to devote to communications to maybe update somewhere on the company website the dates of the orders you are processing now. Update that each, or maybe every other day, and people can check in to watch their own order date as the queue moves along. then they could watch progress and project how to plan thier lives. That might be the only thing that could help in his situation. If he's not able to amend his own website sending the info out on FaceBook would only take the time to set up an account and then send a simple post for updates at the end of each day..

There is an art to not replying to every email.

When I'm busy, I read only every third email and delete the other two. If it's important, they'll email me again.
sasmokin.gif

Overkills support and guaranty is an urban myth on here , Im sitting at close to 2 months without a response for customer service or guarantee on an dead on arrival Overkill solar BMS. BMS has been replaced with same product on Alibabba for 50% of the cost and working flawlessly

Last year, I bought multiple 12V BMS, multiple 24V BMS, one 48V BMS, more than 32 cells from Steve and they all arrived very quickly and very well packed and zero defective units so far *knocking on wood*. I happened to be ordering them frantically in the hopes of beating pandemic purchasing pandemonium. Lucky.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ my experience happened and it’s every bit as valid as the experiences of people who are waiting on RMAs or back orders. If I needed a JBD BMS right now, you’re darn right I’d get it from alibaba or aliexpress.

He’s a small operation that has been inundated with orders. Happens all the time on kickstarter, sudden scaling events are always painful for both sides.

For people who have the knowledge and experience, it’s absolutely better right now to go straight to alibaba/aliexpress or even the manufacturer, although I read that the manufacturer of the BMS likes quantities of 100 lol.

Lead times are suffering.

We are still not out of the pandemic.

Paying for something and have it not show up is absolutely downright frustrating.

I was a little disappointed that they didn’t have more aggressive limitations on back ordering. Can be pretty sure that’s in place now. Sudden scaling up events can be so awkward for everyone..

Overkills support and guaranty is an urban myth on here , Im sitting at close to 2 months without a response for customer service or guarantee on an dead on arrival Overkill solar BMS. BMS has been replaced with same product on Alibabba for 50% of the cost and working flawlessly
Did you dispute this with your CC company? The other option would be to send the defective BMS back such that a signature is required upon receipt and write a nice letter explaining what is defective and ask for a refund. I don't know the reason Steve hasn't replied to you but I have my doubts he is intentionally going to screw anyone over. That would not be good for him or @OverkillSolar and he knows it.

Did you dispute this with your CC company? The other option would be to send the defective BMS back such that a signature is required upon receipt and write a nice letter explaining what is defective and ask for a refund. I don't know the reason Steve hasn't replied to you but I have my doubts he is intentionally going to screw anyone over. That would not be good for him or @OverkillSolar and he knows it.
Yep a credit card dispute process is simple to initiate and on a protracted delay/ non communication problem it is usually a valid reason to dispute and seek refund. ?
You did use a credit card eh??

Back