diy solar

diy solar

Overkill worth the premium?

I purchased one from overkill to help support them and their "value added" model. Adding on custom interface options with support, I think thats worth the extra.
If you want the absolute rock bottom price, that will always have some risks with it (I have been bitten by that bug a few times myself).
For something like a BMS that is there to protect your entire battery investment, an extra 25-30% is worth it for that part.
It is nice to be able to spec what type of cables/connectors you want on your BMS and have it arrive as needed rather than having to break out your 100W, large thermal mass, soldering iron and go at it yourself.

Mo.G - Did you specifically ask for a refund or a replacement? If so, what was Overkill Solar's response? If not, what changed your mind? I'm only trying to understand if Overkill's refund or replacement policy is as good as it seems to be. Thanks.

so its almost exactly the same as any order from China with just one tiny word difference...what difference can one word make???
"BMSs may be returned for NO any reason."
I don’t follow your point. It doesn’t seem to me like overkill is being shady. Just struggling through COVID times like everyone else?

Purchase a BMS from China.
Tell the vendor it is scratched and "appears used".
Let us know what their response is.

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to deal with the public.

Purchase a BMS from China.
Tell the vendor it is scratched and "appears used".
Let us know what their response is.

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to deal with the public.
I’ve read plenty of posts where vendors in China sent replacement batteries without even expecting the originals returned. I think it more depends on the vendor you choose to do business with rather than just the geo location. Anyway, it sounds like OP shouldn’t have a problem getting either his money back or a replacement. Seems like rehashing all this is going in circles beating a dead horse, unless it turns out op doesn’t get accommodated.

Back