OverkillSolar.com

OnTheRoadAgain

Solar Addict
I

I agree that this is most annoying. Surely the cells cannot recover to ‘full’ voltage overnight ? Would love to hear feedback on this. So this makes me think that the BMS calculates remaining capacity totally based on the voltage sum of the cells and does not keep track of actual current over time. I use , in conjunction with the BMS , a coulomb meter with a proper shunt and that indicates the SOC where it left off when discharge was stopped.

Which meter are you using?

Gazoo

Dumb Dumb
Hello Steve,

Is this the place to ask a technical question? (I hope so)

Is it a known issue with these Xiaoxiang BMS to randomly reset the Remaining Capacity value?
For example you discharge your 100Ah pack by 50% and last night it said 50% Remaining Capacity, but this morning (you did nothing overnight with the pack) and this morning it says Remaining Capacity 100% ??

I posted about this elsewhere but that was about a specific non OverkillSolar BMS. This question is specifically related to those you sell.

Have you seen it happen?

Thanks
You are no longer having this problem since you replaced the non Overkill BMS with your Overkill BMS correct?

OnTheRoadAgain

Solar Addict
You are no longer having this problem since you replaced the non Overkill BMS with your Overkill BMS correct?

Absolutely correct. I was surprised to see the OKS BMS had automatically recalculated the Remainng Capacity and it seems correct. The other unit never did.
Even the WiFi connects instantly now.

My policy going forward is to get Xiaoxiang BMS' ONLY from OverkillSolar. Just me. Worth the difference.

Sjaxkingpin

I'm confused. Is overkill an American made BMS? Or are they an American distributor for Chinese BMS'? I've seen some very similar ones on Ali and wasn't sure if it was the same thing, or just similar layout.