diy solar

diy solar

Overpanel a EcoFlow Delta Pro?

Newbie here, so let me get this right as I'm nearly 100% sure I want to buy an Ecoflow delta pro: It seems that
many or most that buy that unit, prefer to purchase solar panels that are not the Ecoflow brand? I have been saving links to threads
on this topic, just crossing my ts and dotting my i's. I've read many comments that the 400watt Ecoflow panels are costly per watt compared to other brands, I don't really need portability, these would be just for my home.

Yes, EcoFlow panels are very expensive relative to other brands. Their price reflects their portability, which you'll ways pay more for. Any panels will work as long as your configuration doesn't exceed the input voltage of the Delta Pro.

Any particular brand and model you'd recommend? I did notice lots of posts with detailed calculations on how many volts the panels put out, so I'd be paying close attention to that for sure. Thanks

I got Hanwha Q.Cells. To maximize power into the Delta Pro due to it's current limit, I'd recommend getting panels with higher Vmp (but not exceeding the input voltage limit of the Delta Pro when looking at the PV Voc). Example: Panel A has Vmp of 37V (Voc of 44V). Panel B has Vmp of 33V (Voc of 40V). Both panels in 3s configuration (3 in series) are below the 150V limit of the Delta Pro (even with 5% extra added to Voc for temperature change). But because Vmp is higher, you'll get more power into the Delta Pro.

Newbie here, so let me get this right as I'm nearly 100% sure I want to buy an Ecoflow delta pro: It seems that
many or most that buy that unit, prefer to purchase solar panels that are not the Ecoflow brand? I have been saving links to threads
on this topic, just crossing my ts and dotting my i's. I've read many comments that the 400watt Ecoflow panels are costly per watt compared to other brands, I don't really need portability, these would be just for my home.
If you are looking for portable panels that you travel with, then EcoFlow panels are good quality panels, but know that you are paying for portability.

If you are doing a stationery setup, then it's much cheaper to get rigid glass panels. I recommend you look for panels with Voc of 40-42V. That will let you do 3 in series comfortably, with good margins for cold temperature voltage increase. A lot of people do 3S2P.

Back