diy solar

diy solar

Overpanel a EcoFlow Delta Pro?

I am hoping there will be some kind of hack or adaptor to be able to use other brand batteries but yeah, this seems like the best option for me. It's only a 400 dollar difference between another unit or just the battery. Why not just two units?

I could've gotten 2x Delta Pros. I think the pre-sale price for the Pro+Battery was a larger difference initially, so I went that route. Looking back, I probably should've gotten 2x Delta Pros.

You must use their expansion battery packs (I bought the Delta Pro + Delta Pro Battery so I have 7.2 kWh). Hopefully they'll continue to make newer packs backwards compatible for more future capacity upgrades.
You can use any solar panels you want as long as you don't exceed 150V PV input.
I'm deciding if I should chance it with 440W panels where Voc is 49.5V at 25C (and thus 3 in series will be over 150V at lower temps), or stick with ~370W panels that are around 45V Voc so at the lower temps my area sees (down to mid/high 30Fs around 4-7am) it'll still be under 150V. I'll likely play it safe. Only considering the 440W panels (pretty much any 400W+ panels is about 49.5V Voc) because Will uses them and only calculates their STC Voltage (though his SCC can likely handle more so there's overhead), but I never hear them talk about the Voc when temps drop for him. Most of the times, my temps are well above 50F, but there's times in winter where it gets cold (but no sun out yet really).
My entire house right now runs off 50A, which at 120V is 6kW. Most of that is the AC. So 3.6kW 120V output should run most of my house. I'm planning to run virtually my entire kitchen and my freezer, along with all the PCs in the house.
Hey man, I'm brand new to this forum and solar in general. I saw your response and just need a real quick clarification. I also have the Delta Pro with a Delta pro battery. I have 3 solar panels with the specs in a picture below. I just don't want to damage my Delta Pro. Currently I have my panels run in series. Should I run them in parallel instead? Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_5040.jpg
    IMG_5040.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 38
Hey man, I'm brand new to this forum and solar in general. I saw your response and just need a real quick clarification. I also have the Delta Pro with a Delta pro battery. I have 3 solar panels with the specs in a picture below. I just don't want to damage my Delta Pro. Currently I have my panels run in series. Should I run them in parallel instead? Thanks in advance for your help.
You should be fine running 3 of those panels in series, unless you live in really cold weather (PV voltage rises at lower temp). You'll be just under the Vin limit. I tried to get an answer from EcoFlow if there's a bit of headroom above their 150V, but they wouldn't tell me.
I decided to play it safe and not getting 400W+ panels. What panels do you have? That's about as high an output you can get staying safely under 50V/panel, even at cooler temps.
I'm now deciding between a 3s2p or 3s3p setup. The 3p setup would require fusing which I'm not wanting to do, but would give more overhead for cloudy days. Though if it'ss really cloudy, the panels will be useless anyways.

I wouldn't personally. 3s is too close to the 150V limit. If it's really cold out, the voltage could actually go over 150V. I would do 2s2p with 4 panels, if you can.

Did anyone here eventually try overpaneling the amps for their solar charging and see it limit itself to 15A, or get confirmation from Ecoflow that the Pro will current limit to 15A even if the panels can supply more? I really want to purchase some panels soon, but I want to understand if I'm limited by current ratings on the panels in addition to the VOC being below 150. Thanks!

Did anyone here eventually try overpaneling the amps for their solar charging and see it limit itself to 15A, or get confirmation from Ecoflow that the Pro will current limit to 15A even if the panels can supply more? I really want to purchase some panels soon, but I want to understand if I'm limited by current ratings on the panels in addition to the VOC being below 150. Thanks!
Yes, several people have done so on EF’s community on Facebook.

You must use their expansion battery packs (I bought the Delta Pro + Delta Pro Battery so I have 7.2 kWh). Hopefully they'll continue to make newer packs backwards compatible for more future capacity upgrades.
You can use any solar panels you want as long as you don't exceed 150V PV input.
I'm deciding if I should chance it with 440W panels where Voc is 49.5V at 25C (and thus 3 in series will be over 150V at lower temps), or stick with ~370W panels that are around 45V Voc so at the lower temps my area sees (down to mid/high 30Fs around 4-7am) it'll still be under 150V. I'll likely play it safe. Only considering the 440W panels (pretty much any 400W+ panels is about 49.5V Voc) because Will uses them and only calculates their STC Voltage (though his SCC can likely handle more so there's overhead), but I never hear them talk about the Voc when temps drop for him. Most of the times, my temps are well above 50F, but there's times in winter where it gets cold (but no sun out yet really).
My entire house right now runs off 50A, which at 120V is 6kW. Most of that is the AC. So 3.6kW 120V output should run most of my house. I'm planning to run virtually my entire kitchen and my freezer, along with all the PCs in the house.
Hello All,

A Newbie here. I recently purchased solar panels to charge my EcoFlow Delta Pro & Extra Smart Battery. I purchased 6 REC 365W with 40.9 VOC. I was told to set my solar array up in
3Series 2Parallel to over panel but assure I’m under Max VOC of 150V. How exactly do I set up a 3S2P array? Will the diagram I attached work?
Does anyone have a better diagram of how to wire a 3S2P system?
Thank You
Amber

Attachments

• AE92D64D-C71E-422E-9196-0240CAFBF1AC.jpeg
    AE92D64D-C71E-422E-9196-0240CAFBF1AC.jpeg
    759.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 42A7AA4A-2659-4411-8315-345868259144.png
    42A7AA4A-2659-4411-8315-345868259144.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 52
Hello All,

A Newbie here. I recently purchased solar panels to charge my EcoFlow Delta Pro & Extra Smart Battery. I purchased 6 REC 365W with 40.9 VOC. I was told to set my solar array up in
3Series 2Parallel to over panel but assure I’m under Max VOC of 150V. How exactly do I set up a 3S2P array? Will the diagram I attached work?
Does anyone have a better diagram of how to wire a 3S2P system?
Thank You
Amber
Yes, that diagram looks right.

Yup, that wiring diagram is right.
I'm looking at 6x Aptos 370W. I wanted to get the REC, but they're sold out everywhere. I think because they're discontinued as REC pushes their 400W and 405W panels, but those are super pricey.

Does anyone have a diagram or suggestion on how to hook up and maximize the potential of the current panels I own to my Ecoflow Delta Pro? I am new to all of this and finding it a bit confusing. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220609_172103[78194].jpg
    20220609_172103[78194].jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 19
Does anyone have a diagram or suggestion on how to hook up and maximize the potential of the current panels I own to my Ecoflow Delta Pro? I am new to all of this and finding it a bit confusing. Any help would be very much appreciated.
So how many panels are we talking about?

Since the max PV input Voltage of Ecoflow Delta Pro is 150Vdc, and your panel Voc is 46.8Vdc, it means you have to do 2s2p configuration (you will have two string of panels, each string has two panels connected in series then you connect the two strings of panels in parallel).
As you can see the wiring diagram in post #28, it is 3s2p, so instead of 3 panels in series yours will be only two panels in series.

Since the max PV input Voltage of Ecoflow Delta Pro is 150Vdc, and your panel Voc is 46.8Vdc, it means you have to do 2s2p configuration (you will have two string of panels, each string has two panels connected in series then you connect the two strings of panels in parallel).
As you can see the wiring diagram in post #28, it is 3s2p, so instead of 3 panels in series yours will be only two panels in series.
Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

Interesting solution, but did You consider the ecoflow delta pros limitation of 15 Amps?

Ecoflow will limit the input current to 12A. See time stamp at 4:13
That video is out of date. There was a single batch of pre-production Delta Pro units with 12A / 1200W PV input. This batch was sold at a discount through Costco a long time ago. Other than that single pre-production batch, the 1200W PV version was never produced again. Every unit sold since then are the retail 15A / 1600W PV versions.

Interesting solution, but did You consider the ecoflow delta pros limitation of 15 Amps?
Here is an interesting tidbit: even though the official current limit is 15A, real world testing of multiple units have revealed that as long as the input DC power is <= 1600W, current limit is actually close to 16A.

Very helpful since I would also like to put 2s2p - > two serial panels (410Wp, 13.04A, 31.45V) southeast and two more southwest. For my second ecoflow delta pro I have installed 4 identical panels in serial south. Both ecoflows will be connected via ecoflow smart home panel.

Back