diy solar

diy solar

Oye Store Cells, Advice needed.

Solr

Hi,

I have bought 4 320ah cells from Oye store on Aliexpress, after nearly 4 months they have finally arrived.

Good points, they were really well packaged for transport, and as soon as I opened a dispute for lateness, the seller has been keen update me with progress, I understand that the shipping times are out of the sellers control.

One of the cells is 0.04v less that the rest and had a bit of slight bulging around the negative terminal; its my first experience with LIFEPO4 so just wondered if this is worth worrying about.

If not I will top balance them then do a capacity test.

Also are these EVE cells?

Cheers.

IMG_3556.jpg
IMG_3560.jpg

Last edited:
I'm certainly not the most experienced person here, bit I'll give my first take.

You will want to do a top balance as well as capacity and internal resistance tests Most likely you will have a workable cell but it will require compression and will have a marginal negative effect on the entire pack. Longevity is unknown. Compression will prevent physical bus bar damage from the expansion.

You are going to have additional costs. Dealing with issues like this can make sense for larger purchasers but the costs are such that for a 4s purchaser you are better off just paying more from a known good supplier. Those currently apparently include Luyuang and Dongquan, I personally used Luyuang.

I'd inform the seller that you are initiating testing and preliminarily request a full refund of costs for the marginally bad cell pending a testing of all. The additional equipment costs should be roughly covered by the refunded cost of the bad cell.

Thanks for the advice, I have informed the seller about the initial damage and am waiting to hear back.
I have started the top balancing and will capacity test once that's done, I will update the thread with how it goes.
Unfortunately, I didn't find this forum till after I had bought them, so missed the advice on sellers.
Luckily I found the forum though, as there is a lot more to it than buy a bms, and buy some cells :)

I have another question, the swelling on mine is only at one side around the anode terminal, I have been looking at other swollen batteries and they appear to be swollen both sides in and the middle, which makes sense if its caused by gas in the casing; could it be that in my case its an issue with manufacturing?

Last edited:
Hi,

I have bought 4 320ah cells from Oye store on Aliexpress, after nearly 4 months they have finally arrived.

Good points, they were really well packaged for transport, and as soon as I opened a dispute for lateness, the seller has been keen update me with progress, I understand that the shipping times are out of the sellers control.

One of the cells is 0.04v less that the rest and had a bit of slight bulging around the negative terminal; its my first experience with LIFEPO4 so just wondered if this is worth worrying about.

If not I will top balance them then do a capacity test.

Also are these EVE cells?

Cheers.

View attachment 66507
View attachment 66510

Same as my situation. Please note that OYE store is exactly the same company as PWOD and they send BULGED cells to everyone, just open their 1 start comments from ALiExpress.

More details here :

and here :

also here about a lot less capacity than advertised for OYE store :

Please note OYE and PWOD store are one and the same people behind. They are by definition lairs, deniers and cheaters, which I have proven in several postings here on DIYsolar.

I can't understand why AliExpress isn't stepping in and stopping them. They and a few others completely destroy any an all trust in this platform for trustworthy and accurate product information brought on the site in their advertising.

AliExpress isn't even taking the complaints very seriously, as if they don't understand that only abused or very used cells have actual low capacity issues.

B-grade cells may have slightly elevated selfdischarge levels, or slightly higher internal resistance or 3-5% less capacity than specifications, but they are never bulged. Only incorrectly used or old Cells are bulged !!!

Regards WatchOut

SCAM!!!! I bought 64 'Brand new 200AH' cells tested them and only got 117-133AH. Watever you do do not buy from this company. They only sell used and substandard cells. Don't fall for their cheap prices there is a reason for it. They insist the batteries are new and refuse to resolve the issue. They have no interest helping their customers. Please see my test results below.117.jpg

I never updated with my capacity test, but mine came out at slightly above 300Ah so definitely not 320Ah. The cell that looked worn, behaves differently to the rest, causing the BMS to overprotect whilst the other cells still have a bit to go. So they are definitely not matched.
I bought a capacitive balancer to re-top balance, but in the end never fitted it. For my use in a camper van powering the fridge, diesel heater, lights and charging laptops etc with 150w solar. 300ah is well over spec, it’s not been below 70%.
I gave up complaining in the end, but will research suppliers when I come to do something similar for the house.

Last edited:
300Ah is still nice, and (near) spec. There are no 320Ah cells, 302 (CATL) and 304 (EVE) are the biggest available.

Based on the terminal looks they appear to be CATL 302Ah cells.

You are lucky to a. get them, and b. got actually near the 300Ah range.

Aliexpress is the worst place to buy cells, and you have been very lucky.

Back