diy solar

diy solar

Pace bluetooth BMS change parameters

banne

I have bought a 48V Tewaycell (15 cells)battery with build in BMS connected with CANbus to a Multiplus 2. Now I found out it uses a Pace BMS. It works quite good so far, besides one little issue. When the batteries are charged to 100% there is an overvoltage warning from 52V(?) according to my info thats not even close to being overvolted but ok. From 15% down there is an undervoltage warning (48,2v)

Now the warnings itself are annoying but thats all. The real problem starts when the BMS keeps shutting down in a sort of loop the batterypower when charging or discharging. So it charges for 1 minute, gets disconnected from the MP2, connects again, charges for 15 seconds, disconnect etc etc. It needs a BMS hard reset (with the reset button) to get out of this loop. Now this is obviously a BMS parameter setting which is faulty.

Few issues about getting the settings right:
Tewaycell has its own app, really shitty. Can only set the inverter
Every BMS app i tried is not connecting to the BMS
It does not have a RS232 connector, only RS485 RJ45
I tried to connect it with an FTDI RS485 to USB adapter connected to RJ45 (the right wirenumbers) and read it with Pmodbustoos, also not working
Tewaycell aftersales is not very professional and accurate

Is there anyone else here with Tewaycell without RS232 (with bluetooth) who managed to change settings inside the BMS?.

By the way, I searched for hours to find the Pmodbustoos (why the spelling error?) program on the internet. I add the 'pmodbustools' word here also without spellingerror (see? I did it) so Google can find both. Very long story to tell you I uploaded it to my Mega and attached it here. Might be useful for some one day

Attachments

• Wat een shit programma.txt
    73 bytes · Views: 59
The version without rs232 and with bluetooth comes with a LD bms and not a pace bms. Attached the program to connect to it in windows by using one of the rs485 ports of the battery. You need to use pin 1 and pin 2 connected to the usb2rs485 dongle

Attachments

• WT7801_UIWare_23030201 (1).rar
    592.2 KB · Views: 78
The version without rs232 and with bluetooth comes with a LD bms and not a pace bms. Attached the program to connect to it in windows by using one of the rs485 ports of the battery. You need to use pin 1 and pin 2 connected to the usb2rs485 dongle
Brilliant mate! I'm gonna test it tonight. It sure looks like a 1:1 Pace copy then. Chinese and copy things, ghehe

I think it is a narada copy. The software is very close to nadara's one
Well it works with my Victron RS485 USB cable connected to an RJ45 connector pin 1,2 and 3 for ground! Happy about that. The password on the right bottom textfield is 123456 for the parameters, do you know if config has another password? That page remains blank when entering the password

Last edited:
This battery is recognized under solar assistant with the protocol Narada. the shown capacity however is wrong (100Ah instead of 300). I asked SA support to investigate and fix the issue

have you remarked the presence of balancing parameters. does it have an in-build balancer?
Now they advertise in their website the same model with active balancer but its look is different from ours !!!

Back