diy solar

diy solar

Pacific Algorithms Powerwall by Rosen review

Guda

Superstrut Strut
Hey guys. I picked up my PA (pacific algorithms) powerwall yesterday & hung it today. Wiring tomorrow.

I could not find anyone with a Rosen powerwall. Maybe others have them & they are branded for them, but I have not seen one. So my guess is PA is the 1st to make a deal with Rosen. The powerwall says Pacific Algorithms & not Rosen, Not a sticker either, think its like silk screen, looks pro.

It comes in a crate with cables, mounting plate, into concrete hardware & thats it. No paperwork at all. Manuel

I'm going to get picky on design, because thats what I do. Running the cables & comms out the bottom was not the best design option. When all the AIO's wire from their bottom. A smart designer would have put all those connections on the top of the powerwall. AIO weight vs powerwall weight = AIO on top, unless you Conan. MAybe V2 they'll take my advise.

A+ purchasing experience. Ryan is a very nice person.

$3100 for 48v 200ah is a awesome price. I was going to build my own battery & now I don't think I will. I think I can get the $3100 deal if I pre order. If I built I'd get 280ah for about $2100 not including a ton of stuff the powerwall has. And I don't have to do all the balancing/building.

Holy fudge that is a beast at 96 kg !

Gonna do a video of the install ?

Hey guys. I picked up my PA (pacific algorithms) powerwall yesterday & hung it today. Wiring tomorrow.

I could not find anyone with a Rosen powerwall. Maybe others have them & they are branded for them, but I have not seen one. So my guess is PA is the 1st to make a deal with Rosen. The powerwall says Pacific Algorithms & not Rosen, Not a sticker either, think its like silk screen, looks pro.

It comes in a crate with cables, mounting plate, into concrete hardware & thats it. No paperwork at all. Manuel

I'm going to get picky on design, because thats what I do. Running the cables & comms out the bottom was not the best design option. When all the AIO's wire from their bottom. A smart designer would have put all those connections on the top of the powerwall. AIO weight vs powerwall weight = AIO on top, unless you Conan. MAybe V2 they'll take my advise.

A+ purchasing experience. Ryan is a very nice person.

$3100 for 48v 200ah is a awesome price. I was going to build my own battery & now I don't think I will. I think I can get the $3100 deal if I pre order. If I built I'd get 280ah for about $2100 not including a ton of stuff the powerwall has. And I don't have to do all the balancing/building.
That is slightly more money than the GYLL setup Will reviewed last month…

$302 per kwh (plus shipping).
My 2 diy 16s $157 per kwh for one and $164 for the second.
Plus my time...
I do understand the convenience of buying as a finished product.

I noticed in the battery spec. that the 48v 100 ah battery configuration is 15s 2p. Most 48 volt batteries are 16s. I wonder why only 15s?

Holy fudge that is a beast at 96 kg !

Gonna do a video of the install ?
Its a beast. Sore af right now. It has great handles tho.

I was going to do an unboxing but Ryan had to take it out to get it in his car. I'm not shooting the install process as my area is not well lit & its a pretty tight space. I will be making a video of it all finished. I am adding it, another AIO in split phase, a combiner box & wifi. About a $4500 upgrade.

That is slightly more money than the GYLL setup Will reviewed last month…
I think those are 100ah for $1700. They used to be $1550 before they could never stock one. Demand is pushing the cost on those up. Pretty sure $3100 for 200ah is the best deal on a prebuilt currently. And its preorder now at $3100, they are $3900. $800 off is a huge reason I pulled the trigger. Its like "Buy a battery & get a FREE AIO!" kinda. ;)

I don't think my AIO (MPP Solar 3k x2) can talk with the powerwall. Powerwall has CAN or RS485. AIO is RS232. Not sure what they would talk about if they could, but I don't think they'll be talkin.

Its plug-n-play af. The cables needed to be drilled to 5/8 to work with my buss bars. The plugs that go to the Powerwall it self are super snazzy. No sparks. Wired everything, pushed the on button & did a lil dance. Super sweet

Another design critique. It has 2 ports for + & 2 for -. But it needs a battery combiner box over 3 units but it can run 14. Shouldn't the extra port be how more units are connected?

Up at 6 am when the heat turned off. I'm like " I put a fresh tank". Switched tanks 3x until I figured out the battery turned off. I went to bed with 47v. Cut off on inverter is 43v & battery shuts down at 42v. My old battery would go down 0.5v-.6 over night. The battery does not seam to hold much over 50v as soon as the sun goes down voltage hits 49.9v. My old battery had all of the power in the 40v-43v. This one seams the power is 47v-49v. The battery turned right back on by pushing the power button.

This app I am using, MPP solar watch power, kinda sucks tbh. Its nice to see whats going on but it shows wrong readings all the time. It does not track power input.

Hey Guda
How's the battery holding up for you? Have you done any testing for capacity?

Another design critique. It has 2 ports for + & 2 for -. But it needs a battery combiner box over 3 units but it can run 14. Shouldn't the extra port be how more units are connected?

that would be nice, but wouldn't it require some pretty substantial wiring between the ports internal to the case? They're rating at 200A discharge. Daisy-chain 14 of them and the max load across the two ports of the last in the chain would be 13 x 200 = 2600A. Likewise, the wiring between the last and next to last battery should be rated for 2600A, which would require a much more substantial connector. Same problem would apply to the wiring from the last battery to the inverter - it would have to be rated for 2800A, which would require a very different (and no doubt much more expensive) connector.

Ahoj.
Batériu 48V, 100Ah LFP som kúpil od Rosen v roku 2021. Technická dokumentácia deklarovala komunikáciu CAN a kompatibilitu s meničom GoodWe. Nepravda. Batéria Rosen nekomunikovala s meničom GoodWe. Menič stále vykazoval komunikačnú chybu. Asi po dvoch mesiacoch prevádzky zlyhal BMS v batérii. Pri odstraňovaní problémov sme zistili, že batéria má BMS s označením 48100-1101-10D- . Podľa dostupných informácií od výrobcu ide o BMS s RS 485 komunikáciou a teda nekomunikoval s meničom GoodWe, ktorý má CAN komunikáciu.
BMS s komunikáciou CAN má označenie 48100-1101-10C/EN/-.
Informoval som predajcu o probléme zlyhania BMS a zistení o komunikácii RS/CAN. Za dva mesiace korešpondencie je výsledok riešenia nula.

Ahoj.
Batériu 48V, 100Ah LFP som kúpil od Rosen v roku 2021. Technická dokumentácia deklarovala komunikáciu CAN a kompatibilitu s meničom GoodWe. Nepravda. Batéria Rosen nekomunikovala s meničom GoodWe. Menič stále vykazoval komunikačnú chybu. Asi po dvoch mesiacoch prevádzky zlyhal BMS v batérii. Pri odstraňovaní problémov sme zistili, že batéria má BMS s označením 48100-1101-10D- . Podľa dostupných informácií od výrobcu ide o BMS s RS 485 komunikáciou a teda nekomunikoval s meničom GoodWe, ktorý má CAN komunikáciu.
BMS s komunikáciou CAN má označenie 48100-1101-10C/EN/-.
Informoval som predajcu o probléme zlyhania BMS a zistení o komunikácii RS/CAN. Za dva mesiace korešpondencie je výsledok riešenia nula.
they use a seplos bms in those Rosen boxes.

if you're not getting help, i would suggest you buy a new BMS directy from seplos .
make sure you order the 10E ( v16) version, as that support both RS485 and CANBUS over the same interface

Back