diy solar

diy solar

Panel mount w/ suction cups

I have never found a suction cup to last the test of time. A lot of car devices I have like GPS and monitors use devices like that. The suction cup always quits working within a year or two.

I think it would work good a few times.

I look at the side of my trailer in the winter and wonder how much power would come from that if solar panels were on it. For now, my portable panels are secured to the trailer with a cable. I built it to keep the panels from getting stolen, but it keeps them from blowing away.

I am in the process of installing T-Track to the roof of my trailer using 3M VHB tape then bolting the 3lb flex solar panels to the t_track I bought the t-track from Tay Tools on amazon, basically same product you can find at Rockler.

As @chrisski says, suction cups don't hold for extended periods of time. I've been using the SeaSucker vacuum mount on the side of my trailer to hold my GenTuri stack.

I have ground deployed panels. The main argument against them (once deployed) is the cord is a tripping hazard. In my opinion, I would rather deploy panels on the ground than on the roof. Try lugging panels up a ladder a couple times. It's no fun.

Back