diy solar

diy solar

Panel recommendations for Bluetti AC300

MJB8706

Hi, new guy to this and seeking advice please. I have a Bluetti AC300 with 2-B300 batteries (6kwh) and will likely expand that to 12KWH of storage. the system will be stored in my 2-car detached garage at home. My primary objective is off-grid battery backup and powering the garage tools, etc. In a power outage, i have the ability to run a transfer cable from the Bluetti to my house panel to power fundamental appliances.

I'm looking to add rigid panels to the garage roof, which faces east/west but has completely unobstructed views. I'm looking for a simple system to install as this is my first solar project. Presently, I'm looking at Newpowa 210w 24 volt mono panels, a total of 10 - with 5 on each side of the roof.

The AC300 can handle 2 x 1200 W, each up to 150 V and 12 A. by my math, that would put each side watts at 1050 and max volts at 120 - well under the limits - for a combined max total of 2100w. My plan would be to wire each side in series and then both in parallel.

Im sure this setup could be expandable if i wanted to add a second AC300 for max solar input up to 4800. but for now, my questions are:
1) is there a general rule of thumb for panel amount/max input for the system being used?
2) my roof is asphalt shingle: are rail systems absolutely required? or can the panels be mounted just by panel brackets
3) do the panels needed to be grounded to an in-ground rod?
4) cable management: is the idea to cut a small hole in the roof for a junction box to route the wires going from roof to Bluetti? i have a loft in the garage so that's not a problem.
5) any other wiring suggestions to compensate for the east/west limitation of my roof?

all comments welcomed and appreciated. thanks

I'm looking at Newpowa 210w 24 volt mono panels
They are not 24V. Look at the Voc and Vmp of the panels. Post the full specs of the panels. It is the combined Voc of your 5 panels in series that must be under 150V. And Voc goes up as the temperature goes down. So tell us the absolute coldest temperature you will ever see where you live.

Back