diy solar

diy solar

Panel works then doesn't work randomly?

Goombah111

I havent had my homemade panel out in a while and when i went to plug it in it wasnt registering on the charge controller so I checked the voltage and it was reading 1v. I was confused so I checked other spots and got 5v/10v on the lines. It all seemed to be working so I checked the voltage of the output again and all of sudden it was reading 16v as it's supposed to. I shrugged it off and plugged it in and then it wasnt registering again so i checked the voltage and it was back down to 1v! So I started checking and messing with it again and checked the output and kept messing with it and all of a sudden it was reading 15-16v again! I started shaking the wires and shaking the panel while checking the volts to see if there was anything coming loose somehow but it still read 16v no matter what I did, so again I plugged it in and this time it registered on the controller. I went and checked it again 5 minutes later and it was still working. I went to check 5 minutes later again and it was working. then I went to check it 10 minutes later again and it wasnt registering and back at 1v again! I checked it an hour ago and again just now and it's still at 1v. I'm sure I could get it working again temporarily(somehow) but I imagine it will stop working again(somehow).

I hope this has happened to someone else and they can tell me how they fixed it because it's making absolutely no sense to me. I want to blame my shoddy craftsmanship but idk how. Please help

1hr after post and all of a sudden its working again, 15.6v and registering. I didnt touch anything, there's no wind, no earthquakes, very cloudy.

Edit: 15 minutes later and now its not working again. I am going insane

Last edited:
Back