diy solar

diy solar

Panels for delta pro.

Ooodragonooo

Hi.I would like to ask questions about panelling my new delta pro. There is a voltage and amperage restriction that they state must be adhered to. 150 volts or 15 amps max input.so I purchased three panels on internet,risen R540 w and the technical stuff I will add in a photo.please tell me if I can expand on these to make up for shortfall of production during cloudy winter days.( panels are connected in series and I’m using 6mm extension cables Mc4 to the delta pro). Thank you .

Attachments

• 1BF032C0-7DEA-4DCE-9874-6DA5EAF121E3.png
    1BF032C0-7DEA-4DCE-9874-6DA5EAF121E3.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • A0C44A8D-BB4F-4FCD-BCE4-54F80172D5CF.png
    A0C44A8D-BB4F-4FCD-BCE4-54F80172D5CF.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Ecoflow support told me that you can exceed the 15A maximum current. The Delta Pro will use only up to 15A of current coming in from the panels. They said you just need to make sure you stay within the 150V limit. I'm no expert... I think if you connect three of those in series, that would be 113.34V (3x37.78) not including adjustments for temperature and cable resistance, and up to 18.18A. I think that will be fine on the Delta Pro. I tested with six 370W panels connected in 3S2P configuration. It's below the 150V limit but can produce up to 22A. I've seen the Delta Pro indicating 1610W of solar input with this setup and it worked just fine. The panels can produce up to 2220W, so it looks like the Delta Pro uses only what it can. I wanted to over panel to handle cloudy days and winter better. My extension cables are 10 guage, but I use the 12 guage XT60 to MC4 cable that came with the Delta Pro to connect to it.

That’s good to know Re : Amps , over paneling …
It’s just a sizable investment … i don’t want to test the warranty… just yet lol ! I bought another Pro and use 1 to recharge the other and that adds solar AND battery capacity … Costco had pros with $100 remote for 2899 …. And 2% back if you use CC Costco to boot ! I have 1 battery and 2 pros .. I bought 4 x 260 watt panels on Pro Array 1 ( stayed within parameter ) and 3 x 315 watt on delta 2 … then charge Pro # 1 and add on battery with Delta 2 . Working great , sunny day in SoCal I’m getting 2 Kw … and panels were $75 ea for 260 , $120 ea for 315 … this saved a bundle , as did the Costco deal too .

And the Voc Volt restriction makes sense because that stresses the inverter more than anything ! That’s the open current … which on a cold clear am can exceed and stress the entire system . Good tip !!

P.S I’m using 8 awg and I’m installing a double array shut off for servicing … Abs a 30 amp fuse on + side of each array for safety

And two answer your question , 3 of those in series should be fine … I wanted to get 535 watt new panels at surplus place , but ended up buying insurance loss surplus tier 1 renogy and phono Solar …. But at 75.00$ a panel ! The 535 were great , but $295 plus tax each …I saved a few hundred by buying these others , but I’m having second thoughts because I’d like to stay in “ spec” AND hit 1600 watts …. Btw , I’ve already experienced cloud edging etc after a rain here last week and was pulling 1250 watts out of 1040 Renogy Array ! So factors can influence the output and id be careful about “ max” out … the inverters in perm House installs are more robust and can take a higher “ out of spec “ I’m sure ….

Back