diy solar

diy solar

Parallel LFP batteries drop voltage during absorbtion, what causes this?

Yeah I figured they were out of balance, is there any other way to balance them? I actually haven't tried doing the LVCO, I think its set on my inverter to 42, maybe I'll try to increase that?

Set your charger to 50.8V bulk, absorb and float and set LVCO for 44.8V. Make sure you're not charging with more than 50A per battery. That is what was recommended to me by BB. You can try floating lower. If the cells are out of balance the BMS balancing is very slow and floating at 48.7 wont be in range for BMS to balance.

From the specs online -
Charging Voltage Range:48.7 - 50.75

Set your charger to 50.8V bulk, absorb and float and set LVCO for 44.8V. Make sure you're not charging with more than 50A per battery. That is what was recommended to me by BB. You can try floating lower. If the cells are out of balance the BMS balancing is very slow and floating at 48.7 wont be in range for BMS to balance.

From the specs online -
Charging Voltage Range:48.7 - 50.75

Thanks, but it looks like I may be needing to send it back. I really wish they would have just tested it prior to sending in. I didn't want to open the seal to dig further. At least they are taking care of the shipping. Its probably one of the only lamas left so I'd like to get it fixed so I can have 2. They offered potentially a new BMS they could send but I didn't want to have to solder and modify the item.

Back