diy solar

diy solar

Parallel Single Phase Wiring

If you are feeding input off each phase in the main panel, then you are inputting 240V split phase.

If you want 120V single phase, then it has to all come from 1 phase, you can use one 25A breaker to one inverter, skip one space in the main panel and another 25A breaker in the next spot to the other inverter.

If you are inputting off 2 separate phases, you will have glitches.
This is excellent information. I was trying to power (2) single phased paralleled inverter and they kept freaking out. I could not figure out why. I will give this a try next time I open up the main breaker panel.

I have a similar setup of just running 120vac at the sub-panel. I am running 3000w on L1 and 6000w on L2. In the sub-panel I put the heaver loads on the 6000w leg and don't have to be too concerned when the blower motor spikes at 1300w for a few seconds.

I use an Automatic Transfer Switch to direct the source to the sub-panel. I am switching the neutral in the ATS so that no matter which source the sub-panel is ALWAYS just a sub so I don't have to worry about bonding neutral issues.

1654024499818.png

I use an Automatic Transfer Switch to direct the source to the sub-panel. I am switching the neutral in the ATS so that no matter which source the sub-panel is ALWAYS just a sub so I don't have to worry about bonding neutral issues.
Actually, whenever the inverter is feeding the panel it becomes the main panel. And while you can float the neutral, I wouldn't recommend it. If a hot gets shorted to ground, the breaker won't trip. And if the inverter switches to bypass mode, while a short is active. It can damage the bypass relays. Or other parts of the inverter.

Unless your inverter has an internal N/G bonding relay. Then, you are all good.

Actually, whenever the inverter is feeding the panel it becomes the main panel. And while you can float the neutral, I wouldn't recommend it. If a hot gets shorted to ground, the breaker won't trip. And if the inverter switches to bypass mode, while a short is active. It can damage the bypass relays. Or other parts of the inverter.

Unless your inverter has an internal N/G bonding relay. Then, you are all good.
Agreed. I have the N/G bonded.

Back