diy solar

diy solar

Paralleling Enphase inverters for use with high output modules

JIMD2568

Hi all, I'm thinking of adding a few new 540 Watt modules at my residence. After checking the output currents of the Enphase micro inverters, nothing was found that will work with the modules without clipping the output. I have a few M250 micro inverters that could be used in parallel with acceptable results. I would be using two of the M250 units per module with MC4 Y splitters on the DC input side. Has anyone done this, if so how well did it work? Thanks!

Why not consider HMS-2000 microinverters? They’re designed for this class of module.

Also avoids concerns with whether operating current will exceed the spec and what happens when the two microinverters are out of sync with their MPPT.

Get smaller format panels or use a string inverter...but you know that.

I would try your M250 idea before purchasing anything as above the MPPT might not like it.

APsystems DS3 also has micros that can handle that wattage with minimal clipping and within safety specs. Though note this company is somewhat explicitly anti-DIY (but you can find distributors that will sell them to you).

Back