diy solar

diy solar

Paralleling LF280N with LF280K

JimmyL

I have been informed that the supplier cant get LF280N and will supply the LF280K instead. I was planning to parallel these for a 8S2P battery with the potential of 8S3P with another order. Does anyone see a problem with this? Should i try sell the N's off and just replace with more K's?

Thanks again.

I would try to keep each battery to the same type if possible .... but I don't see it being a problem.

I think i will just make multiple packs now as they will only get the K's in now and i will probably get another lot.

I have two strings of N and two strings of K. AFAICT, you will have to do separate strings because cell height and width between battery posts is different. You would have to have flexible or diy bus bars. I have them in different strings and so far no problems. They behave like they are identical.

Having said that, if you had a buyer for your N cells, it might be good to get all K cells since they are advertising more cycles out of them.

N & K only difference is a couple of millimeters size difference & more cycles. K has 6000 cycles, versus 3000.
Having LF280N Battery Packs in Parallel with LF280K makes NO DIFFERENCE.
You CAN mix say 4 N & 4 K into one pack BUT There is an offset due to dimensional differences which is a PITA and not suggested. I tried it and not a good idea. IF building "Block Packs" then there is only the One Bridge from side to side and so only One Step (terminal height) is required, that is the simplest if mixing cells in a pack.

N & K only difference is a couple of millimeters size difference & more cycles. K has 6000 cycles, versus 3000.
I wonder what was changed to double the cycles. Maybe the test procedure is different? If the K cells spec sheet says 6000, what is the current train of thought for actual cycles if you use longevity settings like lower absorb, lower C rates, etc?

Back