diy solar

diy solar

Pass Thru Box For House

Rchiuz

Hello,

Newbie here. I have 1 EcoFlow Delta Pro and 4 x 200 watt solar panels from Bouge RV. For the time being I just put every outside with the EcoFlow under an awning. If I want to do a pass through box so I can have the EcoFlow in the house instead of outside, what would anyone recommend that is safe? I am only planning to run the panels in series.

Thanks for any suggestions
Robert

200 Watt Panel tech specs
21.62 Open Voltage
17.98 max Power Voltage
11.12 Max Power Current Amp

I would assume there are lots of options of how this could be done depending on how your walls are made and how permanent your installation would be. I personally used a box with DC breakers so I can disconnect the solar power before unplugging the unit. Through the wall runs a 10 gauge wire to my solar panels. Both ends have MC4 connections.
MC4 Passthru.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! That’s exactly what I want to do. Where did you buy the box from? Is the outside one Nema3 or 4 in case it rains?

Thanks again
I would assume there are lots of options of how this could be done depending on how your walls are made and how permanent your installation would be. I personally used a box with DC breakers so I can disconnect the solar power before unplugging the unit. Though the wall runs a 10 gauge wire to my solar panels. Both ends have MC4 connections.
View attachment 122301

Cool! Exactly what I want to do. Where do you suggest I go to look for a box like that? Is the outside box water proof?

Thanks again!

I would assume there are lots of options of how this could be done depending on how your walls are made and how permanent your installation would be. I personally used a box with DC breakers so I can disconnect the solar power before unplugging the unit. Through the wall runs a 10 gauge wire to my solar panels. Both ends have MC4 connections.
View attachment 122301
Love the fire extinguisher !

I am wondering what it would take to bring this up to passing code compliance?

The reason I ask is that I would like to do something similar for a small / indoor solar generator type system but my wife is going to play hard ball on it passing permit.

In particular, I am thinking about the ability to deal with the solar panel voltage shut down.

I am wondering what it would take to bring this up to passing code compliance?

The reason I ask is that I would like to do something similar for a small / indoor solar generator type system but my wife is going to play hard ball on it passing permit.

In particular, I am thinking about the ability to deal with the solar panel voltage shut down.
Don't know for sure but this seems like would pass code for a price. Of course codes differ in all locations.

https://www.solar-electric.com/misomnsoarco3.html

Screenshot 2023-06-01 12.59.33 PM.png

Don't know for sure but this seems like would pass code for a price. Of course codes differ in all locations.

https://www.solar-electric.com/misomnsoarco3.html

View attachment 151343

Thanks.

In this area - at least for some systems, there is a requirement for the panel voltage to go to zero when a "fireman's switch " is thrown.

I am still trying to figure out at what point all of this kicks in. I need to do some more reading on the regulations.

Appreciate the help.

Harry

And you will likely need the wires passing through the wall in metal conduit.

Thanks.

In this area - at least for some systems, there is a requirement for the panel voltage to go to zero when a "fireman's switch " is thrown.

I am still trying to figure out at what point all of this kicks in. I need to do some more reading on the regulations.

Appreciate the help.

Harry
This is only for roof mounted panels.

Back