diy solar

diy solar

PC or Android app for EPEver eBox-WiFi-01

DixieMtCR

Does anyone know where I can get the Android software that connects to the charge controller using WIFI with the EPEver eBox-WiFi-01?

There aren't any EPEver apps on Google Play,nor does there seem to be a place to download an app for android or PC.

Bought the eBox-WiFi-01 device but find no instructions or links on how to use it for where to get apps.

Does anyone know where I can get the Android software that connects to the charge controller using WIFI with the EPEver eBox-WiFi-01?

There aren't any EPEver apps on Google Play,nor does there seem to be a place to download an app for android or PC.

Bought the eBox-WiFi-01 device but find no instructions or links on how to use it for where to get apps.
Well, I did a bunch of digging on the internet. Also a bunch of experiment myself. Since no one responded to this post I guess I will post my own findings.

So far I find a lot of references to software that used to be available but it's no where to be found now.

In brief, the eBOX-WIFI-01 has a "web interface." Plug the device into your charge controller and the power light will come on. On your PC or phone or tablet that has Wi-Fi, scan for the available Wi-Fi connections. You will find that the RS-485 to Wi-Fi converter shows up there by name. Select that and connect to it. No password is needed.

The username and password for the web interface are both all lowercase "admin." The default IP address of that Wi-Fi device is 11. 11. 11. 254. From your browser on the address line type in that number and press enter. You will be given a login dialog box. In that box type in the username and the password given above. Press enter. Once you have done that you will see the home screen for the Wi-Fi device. From there you can navigate through the various menu items. It's not very robust but it works.

Have fun!

Reactions: Mia
I have it on my phone, but not on Google play anymore.,honestly it is crap. Can't reached 50ft with the wifi. When it did work it gives general readings

Wait, 11.0.0.0.0/8 is owned by the DOD. Strange why they would use 11. networks instead of the private (non-publicly announced) 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12 or the 192.168.0.0/16 space. I get not wanting to use the 192.168.range as most home wifi uses some sort of range here but the 10. space is common. Looks like there are few tubes on this.
and this one was really good

I tried connecting my epever controllers to my laptop with the PC connection accessory cable and downloaded the windows software but didn't really understand what I was supposed to do to make it work.

I bought an MT50 instead.

Wait, 11.0.0.0.0/8 is owned by the DOD. Strange why they would use 11. networks instead of the private (non-publicly announced) 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12 or the 192.168.0.0/16 space. I get not wanting to use the 192.168.range as most home wifi uses some sort of range here but the 10. space is common. Looks like there are few tubes on this.

Hi BobbyMac,
Would you have any clues on resetting the eBox WiFi-01?
I have a new one which worked once. I went from AP mode to STA and it has never worked again.
Checked the pinouts on the Lierda WiFi chip and found GPIOB_3 is at 3.3 volts. (correct)
When I press the RESET button pin 45 (GPIOB_3) goes to ground which should reset the WiFi module and I should see it show up on my WiFi list on my Android or Laptop.......That does not happen.
Do you know if I can somehow get into the WiFi module using the ethernet cable and a laptop so I can somehow reset this device. There are several posts with the same problem and Epever will sell me a newer model for $80AUD. It should work longer then just a day!
Thank you.

Back