diy solar

diy solar

PCM60X Settings for 48V (16S LiFePO4)

quake101

I'm trying to figure out the best settings for my PCM60X solar charge controllers. I currently have it setup to charge to 56V (3.5V per cell) & float at 54.4V (3.4V per cell). This is working but I don't believe the batteries are being fully charged as there is no absorption time.

My battery bank is (16) 272Ah Lishen cells.

Attached are my current settings. (Please keep in mind this controller uses a 4x multiplier for a 48V setup. Example 14V * 4 = 56V)

2021-05-05 Solar Charge Controller Settings.jpg

I believe I need to change the "Battery C.V. charge time" but I'm not completely sure. Also, I'm not sure how long I would set this for.

From the manual: "Absorption stage When battery charging voltage is reached to Absorption voltage point, the charging stage changes from bulk charge to Absorption. Constant-voltage regulation is used to maintain battery voltage at the Absorption stage. If the charging current drops to one-tenth of the maximum charging current setting point, the charging status will change to Float stage."

FYI: I've changed the "Battery C.V. charge time" to 60 minutes this weekend as a test and it does work as "absorption time".

Back