diy solar

diy solar

Permaculture living in N.S.W Australia

LadAussie

Hi all,

I am a Mechatronics Engineer by Degree but transitioning to Permaculture farmer to get out of the daily grind. Been working on my off-grid system design for a permaculture farm in the making in the N.S.W south coast. Power is obviously a huge importance (even though we have power to the site it will not be used) and the information provided online has been awesome. 25 Acres of rural primary production zoned land to build a lifestyle that aligns more with my values.

I will have a 3Kw inverter with 200ah 24v storage to run the house within a shed. I will be using multiple small systems for various things such as an outhouse and greywater treatment.

Any questions or comments just shoot me a message.

Hi all,

I am a Mechatronics Engineer by Degree but transitioning to Permaculture farmer to get out of the daily grind. Been working on my off-grid system design for a permaculture farm in the making in the N.S.W south coast. Power is obviously a huge importance (even though we have power to the site it will not be used) and the information provided online has been awesome. 25 Acres of rural primary production zoned land to build a lifestyle that aligns more with my values.

I will have a 3Kw inverter with 200ah 24v storage to run the house within a shed. I will be using multiple small systems for various things such as an outhouse and greywater treatment.

Any questions or comments just shoot me a message.
I used permaculture on our 1 acre property for 20 years. It improved the structure of our heavy clay enormously. Plants where healthier, etc. It looked messier than a cultured garden with lawns. My brother always said "the whole family knows you are not a gardener". One of my sisters later adopted Permaculture with great success. I no longer live there but my ex wife still maintains it the same way.

It is a good feeling to be self sufficient. My advice is to research medical procedures and practices.

My family could live quite comfortably within our 160acre property for the rest of our lives unless there was a serious medical issue.

I am a Mechatronics Engineer by Degree but transitioning to Permaculture farmer to get out of the daily grind.
Nice. I admire those who can do this stuff.

I'm on a 12 acre rural block mid north NSW but it's largely bush or mown grassed areas and fairly hilly. I do not have a green thumb, just never inclined that way.

Back