diy solar

diy solar

Perparation items for cell arrival?

Short_Shot

Solar Addict
Hey. First let me say I love the fact that there are so many electrical engineers here. I'm a mech e student and journeyman tradesman myself and I dabble in control wiring for injection molding and automation equipment fairly often at work.

First time slapping together something with Chinese sourced cells though. They haven't arrived yet however.

Just wondering if I should grab anything else (and learn to use it) in the interim. Tools or components.

Currently I've got plans to order fuse block, breaker, higher current fuse for battery connection, some 2 awg wiring, and more terminals when I have confirmation the things are actually shipped.

I already own:

Nice flir DMM with thermal (can't tell you how many undersized wires vs bad terminals I've diagnosed with this).
Cheap 30vdc 10 amp power supply.
Cheap 180 watt digital load tester.
All manner of crimpers and hand tools including a hydraulic crimper.
An overkill bms.
Entirely too many victron products.
The knowledge to use those... mostly.

Is there any other tool or gadget yall put to use that I might be interested in obtaining? I'm always interested in new tools. Perhaps an inexpensive battery impedance tester that might be reasonably accurate?

Give me an excuse to buy something new and useful.

You may want to download this, there's some info in there you'll like to have on hand when putting the pack together.

Have Fun !
Steve

You may want to download this, there's some info in there you'll like to have on hand when putting the pack together.

Have Fun !
Steve
Oh that's beautiful. Thanks a lot. I'll be reading that a few times on the throne for sure.

Back