diy solar

diy solar

PH18

so I will work next week end on regrouping the string so 6 grroups of 2 serie panel. but I am wondering as these days the VOC doesn't exceed 137V while open circuit, the problem that I am facing is normal? is that expected to take 600w only during winter days from that 5 KW system?

so if I bought the PH18-5048 PRO instead of PLUS which could work without batteries, what happens if the sky is something cloudy as my case? is it logic to take some hundreds watt only from 12 panel of 400w?

is that expected to take 600w only during winter days from that 5 KW system?

In winter the temperature drops, which will increase your Voc - keep that in mind. How much power you generate depends entirely on local conditions. In the middle of winter I don't generate anything where I am because it's dark 24/7. It all depends.

so if I bought the PH18-5048 PRO instead of PLUS which could work without batteries, what happens if the sky is something cloudy as my case? is it logic to take some hundreds watt only from 12 panel of 400w?

Yes, this can be normal. I tested a 2kW install today (rainy) and got 20W from it.

That's why you a) have a battery that can give you a few days of autonomy and b) use a generator for the very difficult times to charge the battery.

I'm off-grid here for a while now. My winters are worse than yours :)

I cannot answer your question about PV being over voltage. 5v doesn't seem like much, but I just don't know.

On overcast days I find that I would need 10x the panels as my load. 500 watt load would require about 5000 watts of panels.

I cannot answer your question about PV being over voltage. 5v doesn't seem like much, but I just don't know.

On overcast days I find that I would need 10x the panels as my load. 500 watt load would require about 5000 watts of panels.
owhh, really? so I could safe sleep now? I took 500w from my 5000w system but unfortunately we still didn't enter the winter season yet. how the winters and rainy days will be?

That's why you a) have a battery that can give you a few days of autonomy and b) use a generator for the very difficult times to charge the battery.

I'm off-grid here for a while now. My winters are worse than yours :)
I still have not bought batteries yet, I am using a collection of different sizes, different kinds, and different ages of old used cars an generators batteries to benefit from the day light energy untill I find the optimal batteries bank, is there any problem in that method?

Back