diy solar

diy solar

phishing email that looks like its from DIY Solar power forum

noenegdod

Solar Addict
Copy and paste from my email.

I have deleted "93" from the end of the link below so it should not go anywhere.

Not super impressed that someone was able to get my email from the forum

Click here for the accessible version
Reply All
Forward
Delete
More

aunaya50 started a conversation with you: "hey)"
Sat, Jul 24, 2021 12:06 pm
DIY Solar Power Forum (diysolar@diysolarforum.com)To:you Details
aunaya50 started a new conversation with you at DIY Solar Power Forum.

hey)

noenegdod, hey) Emilly, 25, female. Rate my naked photos on sex dating site, click link: http://fastdate24.com/hotgirl
Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because your preferences are set to receive email when a new conversation message is received. Stop receiving these emails.​
Reply Reply All Forward

There are multiple threads on this problem and the moderators are banning them as they continue to pop up.

@noenegdod , I believe you are getting these emails because your forum settings are set that way. This junk shows up in the forum as a post; a moderator deletes it and blocks them but not before a forum email is auto-generated, which you receive. Same email I got. Perps don't have your email.

This was the first one I have ever got. Apparently I need to learn how to search better, I tried and didn't find anything. Sorry for the redundant thread.

Just so I understand:

The phisher posts a private message and the moderators go through and get rid of all of the messages they have posted but not before I get an email notification. It then looks like the phisher spoofed the DIY notification because I have dont have an actual PM here, because the forum already got rid of it?

Does that sound about right?

Actually, the forum deletes the messages. We mods just report the offending members as spam, the forum software goes and removes ANYTHING that member has posted.

But yeah, when your settings in your profile are default, any followed thread post, or conversation message posted to your account generates an email as well. They don’t have your email. No worries.

Actually, the forum deletes the messages. We mods just report the offending members as spam, the forum software goes and removes ANYTHING that member has posted.

But yeah, when your settings in your profile are default, any followed thread post, or conversation message posted to your account generates an email as well. They don’t have your email. No worries.
Thank you! Good to know.

Back