diy solar

diy solar

Phocos PSW seen on Wind&Sun -- are these made by MPP?

willo23

I see 2 models of Phocos brand AIO inverter/charter listed at Arizona Wind&Sun. Trying to google these models turns up a lot of nothing!

Does anyone know about these inverters? They look extremely similar, but not identical to several MPP models. Also the specs are slightly different -- single phase vs split, the MPPT voltages slightly different, etc. But the physical design and construction look a lot like MPP.

Well sheesh, I just fail at search then. Spent literally a couple hours searching and only finding things about Phocos charge controllers.
Oh well, seems clear it's a MPP rebrand or a maybe a custom build for them by the same guys in China at the least.
Thanks!

Well, at least you tried. :)

The manual layout and programming is too close to not be the same. IMHO, it's probably better than an MPP Solar direct unit assuming they have tighter quality control and better support.

They do appear to be slightly different, so Phocos likely has their own "model" that MPP Solar doesn't offer directly.

For the prices I saw on AZ Wind & Sun, it's not much farther to the high end units like Outback, Magnum, etc. Victron is yet another price point above.

Looks to be about a $300 difference between Phocos and MPPT. Phocos can be expanded to 45KW and the MPPT expands to 15KW. I need to build a 15kw system for current needs, so I’m leaning towards paying the extra $900 now for the ease of expansion later. Switching one vehicle from gas to electric would make the MPPT system obsolete in my case.

Tech support probably better with Phocos as others have mentioned.

Last edited:
Back