diy solar

diy solar

PIP – 1012LV-MS Load Monitoring question

Stacy

Just set up my MPP pi-1012lv-ms all in one. I noticed when I have a small load the display reads 0 for load%, VA, and watts. For example read zero for all three while I charged one cell phone and my 18v cordless drill. When I plugged in a fridge it jumped up to showing normal numbers (500w...).

so I’m wondering is there a setting perhaps that’s off? I followed Wills guidelines. Or perhaps there is some sort of low threshold on the display?

Any thoughts or experiences would be great

I have that very unit in my closet on a single gel cell battery as a backup power supply for my security camera system, my internet modem and router and a 12 volt puck lighting system in my house. With the four 4k cameras, NVR, router, modem and the 12 volt under counter kitchen lights running on dim my screen shows it is pulling 41 watts on mains power. If I turn off the NVR and cameras it drops to around 15 to 18 but still shows a number. I've had it running like that for the last two years or so with no problems and it has performed well during the few power outages we have had providing uninterrupted security footage and lighting throughout the house.
Long story short, mine shows the low watt numbers all the way down to 15 anyway so I'm not sure if you have a setting different than mine or not. Just thought I'd let you know that I've been happy with mine and I just received a second unit today via FedEx for a cabin at my property. Going to use it for the same type of backup system but with a LifePo4 battery instead of a gel acid battery. I'm thinking of putting solar panels on this second unit as well to fully utilize its capabilities but I need to build a mount first.

I have that very unit in my closet on a single gel cell battery as a backup power supply for my security camera system, my internet modem and router and a 12 volt puck lighting system in my house. With the four 4k cameras, NVR, router, modem and the 12 volt under counter kitchen lights running on dim my screen shows it is pulling 41 watts on mains power. If I turn off the NVR and cameras it drops to around 15 to 18 but still shows a number. I've had it running like that for the last two years or so with no problems and it has performed well during the few power outages we have had providing uninterrupted security footage and lighting throughout the house.
Long story short, mine shows the low watt numbers all the way down to 15 anyway so I'm not sure if you have a setting different than mine or not. Just thought I'd let you know that I've been happy with mine and I just received a second unit today via FedEx for a cabin at my property. Going to use it for the same type of backup system but with a LifePo4 battery instead of a gel acid battery. I'm thinking of putting solar panels on this second unit as well to fully utilize its capabilities but I need to build a mount first.
Thanks for that input. I think the unit is running fine. I’ve tested my full size house frig and now I’m testing the battery with a discharge. In both cases it showed readings. I’ll check my settings perhaps there is something off a bit. Or the load was just way too small

Back