diy solar

diy solar

PIP – 1012LV-MS WIFI connection

oshky

Hello,

Anyone knows how to wifi-connect the PIP – 1012LV-MS ? I've seen the WIFI plug @ watts247.com and according to specifications is compatible with the PIP 1012LV, but I don't see how they connect to each other.

I appreciate any help.

I noticed this I see that it's a USB b connector and that the other connectors are RJ45 or rs232 so it's apparent that they are not compatible as a USB b connector is not an RJ45 or RS 232 connector however it seems that there are adapters that make it possible to turn a usb-b connector into an RS 232 and then connect one of their Wi-Fi devices.

I am about to purchase this unit and I think what I'm going to do is actually get a device that puts a USB port over Wi-Fi for about $60 and just use my desktop or remotely access my desktop to access the information that way because it's a more cost-effective way than purchasing this product as the product they are advertising is 80 or $90 again this is all in theory so I have to test it before I can report back but since the product is on Amazon when I get my 1012 LV I will definitely be throwing one of those on and seeing if I can put the USB port over Wi-Fi and then just access it that way since the manufacturer missed the boat with the whole how the Wi-Fi device interfaces with the unit through the provided connectors part

edit: TL;DR: YOU CAN'T CONNECT THEM WITH THE PROVIDED CONNECTORS EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY THEY'RE COMPATIBLE THERE'S OTHER WAYS TO TRY AND MAKE THAT HAPPEN WITH ADAPTERS BUT WHO KNOWS
OH CRAP CAPS SUCK ON GBOARD SORRY <3

Back