diy solar

diy solar

PIP 2424LV MSD standard low voltage cut off too low for safe discharge level of AGM batter

Ra Ma Da Sa

I am adjusting all settings in my all in one unit by MPP Solar and found that the Low voltage cut off maximum is higher then what is suggested for an AGM battery , manual shows low voltage cut off range between 21-24 yet for an AGM battery it should be set to no low lower then 24.4. All advise or solution to this problem greatly appreciated. This is a question about the PIP 2424LV MSD by MPP Solar

Personally, I recommend against this.

First, 50% @ 24.4V is ONLY for a battery that has sat for several hours with NO load and NO charge - a battery at rest.

You can have a perfectly healthy battery at well above 50% SoC, but a heavy load will pull it below 24.4V or 24V or whatever. Do you really want to cut power when the battery is still above 50%?

If you absolutely, positively must have a hard cut off, set it to 23.3V - that's about 20% SoC, which is still WAY better for a battery than running it to 0%, BUT it still runs the risk of premature shutdown under heavy loads.

Back