diy solar

diy solar

Pip 2724 / sok 2560wh connection spark

Hazzin

I could use some help. I am putting together a 24 v system with the LV 2724 all in one controller- inverter-charger. As I tried to connect it to a SOK 25.6v 100 ah battery I got a big spark and partially melted the positive battery terminal. I tested the battery and am sill getting 25v. I did not use a resistor to charge the capacitors.

Any ideas of how much damage I probably did ? I watched Wills video and was excited to build a plug and go system. Now I realize precharging the capacitors with a 20w 30 ohm resistor was the thing to do. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Newby Dummy.

I could use some help. I am putting together a 24 v system with the LV 2724 all in one controller- inverter-charger. As I tried to connect it to a SOK 25.6v 100 ah battery I got a big spark and partially melted the positive battery terminal. I tested the battery and am sill getting 25v. I did not use a resistor to charge the capacitors.

You know what you've done and the solution.

Any ideas of how much damage I probably did ? I watched Wills video and was excited to build a plug and go system. Now I realize precharging the capacitors with a 20w 30 ohm resistor was the thing to do. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Newby Dummy.

You simply forced the battery to engage it's short circuit protection. You've already seen the damage you did... partial melting.

If the battery is damaged in any way, the BMS is defective.

Thanks. Tested the battery all 8 cells are spot on 3.2 volts. No visible damage inside.Had electrician double check me and he thinks the problem is in dc input of the 2724. I’ll contact MPP solar.

Back