diy solar

diy solar

Pip1012lv-mk stays in "float" mode

Error code 8, not good.

At this point I am confused about all your settings, can you tabulate and post them?

Seems like some setting(s) are in conflict with BMS.

Is Program 33 Battery equalization disabled?
Yes 33 is disabled.

It's really buggy honestly. If I wasn't relying on it I'd try to get a replacement. I'm off grid for the last month and this is my only source for electric.

I have been playing with the settings and honestly I'm stumped. I'm going to hookup the laptop and try to use the watchtower software when I get a chance. I'll get you a list of settings then, but honestly they haven't changed much since we set them the other day. If I change anything, I change it back before changing anything else.

Oh it has also been clicking and turning the solar input on and off multiple times today. It was a rainy day, and very overcast, but I've never had it do that before on other rainy days.

I've also never had the inverter on while it was a rainy day before too. For most times I was just running the 12v system and not turning on the inverter unless I needed 120v. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Just an update. The last few days it has been running the way I would think it should run. So I haven't messed with it. I have to unhook the whole thing Wednesday morning for sprayfoamers to come in and add insulation. So I'll keep an eye on it after then.

My Pip1012lv-mk 12v system always stays around 60w charging unless I unhook my panels and then rehook them back up. Then it will charge at the actual solar input of the panels until the battery is full.

It's like it's stuck in a float/top off mode no matter what the state of the battery is at.

Today my battery was at 120AH remaining (280ah capacity) and the mppt was only bringing in 80w. The normal 60w it always does, and an extra 20 something to run the inverter.

If I add load, it will bring in more to run the loads, but it doesn't charge the battery unless I flip the breaker on and off.

Is there something I'm missing in settings?
you just have discoverer the infamous Premature float bug , present on all pip inverters sorry to say but your model cant be repaired.
This firmware bug is already present at the beginning. pip and voltronics are refusing to solve this problem.
all pip inverters suffer from this bug even the 2020 models ( the max model)

do not buy pip inverters or the likes oem is voltronics
sorry to say

Last edited:
you just have discoverer the infamous Premature float bug , present on all pip inverters sorry to say but your model cant be repaired.
This firmware bug is already present at the beginning. pip and voltronics are refusing to solve this problem.
all pip inverters suffer from this bug even the 2020 models ( the max model)

do not buy pip inverters or the likes oem is voltronics
sorry to say

Does the pip1012lv-mk suffer from this issue as well?

Back