diy solar

diy solar

Placing order-final check in

Bluedog225

Texas
Ok. I’m about to place my order. Thought I’d check in to avoid mistakes.

34 cells from Jenny Wu (two 48v packs with two extra cells). 280 ah. It looks like the 304 are out of stock.

Threaded male stud terminals.

No Houston stock so placing an Alibaba order with link Jenny provided.

2 Overkill BMS units with 1/4 (M6) lugs.

$153/cell before any shipping or fees at checkout.

Questions:

1. Did we ever decide whether paying with credit card or pay pal were better? I thought I read credit card.
2. Any other tips? This is my first alibaba order.

Any thoughts appreciated.

PayPal or credit card, offer buyers protection.
But, in my personal experience.
Credit card claims are faster and less hurdles to jump through.

Are you saying $153/cell before the shipping cost from China? And Credit Card for sure.

Last edited:
Just an idea - get four extra cells - then you can make a 12v battery.

It got weird on the alibaba website and with the website chat. The 34 cells went in the basket at $150 with around $600 shipping. Then the site said it couldn’t process an order over $5,000 usd. Then the cells went in the basket at $110.

I asked if that price was correct and Jenny replied that they ship from China. Sigh….

I’ll regroup and try via email tomorrow.

Then the cells went in the basket at $110.
That sounds like the "ship from China" price.
$688 logistics and $132 transaction fee.
$110/cell plus $820 shipping to west coast port, I'm assuming and includes customs, and the cc/alibaba fees? I've purchased the 230ah's from the warehouse in HOU and was about to get the 280ah cells you are purchasing, until I noticed they were out of stock at the warehouse.

Ok. I’m about to place my order. Thought I’d check in to avoid mistakes.

34 cells from Jenny Wu (two 48v packs with two extra cells). 280 ah. It looks like the 304 are out of stock.

Threaded male stud terminals.

No Houston stock so placing an Alibaba order with link Jenny provided.

2 Overkill BMS units with 1/4 (M6) lugs.

$153/cell before any shipping or fees at checkout.

Questions:

1. Did we ever decide whether paying with credit card or pay pal were better? I thought I read credit card.
2. Any other tips? This is my first alibaba order.

Any thoughts appreciated.
I payed with credit card through PayPal the first time. I just ordered another 16 from Jenny and paid with Cc through Alibaba. As long as the credit card is used, I'm not too worried.
From China it should be 110 per cell, plus freight, plus transaction fee. Everything else is covered.
I'm going to try the flexible busbars this time since I already have double of the solid ones from the first order. It was an extra .45 per, but I figured I'd try it.
Other than that, once you get the order to go through, just sit back and wait anxiously. ? I wonder if ours will be on the same boat.

Credit card transactions are protected by federal law in the USA.
PayPal transactions are protected by the honesty and integrity of PayPal.

Best bet is to use a credit card through PayPal. I'm not saying PayPal would leave you hanging, but credit cards have actual laws.

Back